How much do you value your bottom?

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Hi all,

How serious are you when it boiles down to your own personal comfort,do you prefer to sit on a well padded seat a well jelled seat or lastly,a hard leather seat such as the Brooks B17 seat,which over a period of time,very carefully becomes naturally crafted into the shape of your beautiful bottom.We all may take a simple aspect like this for granted,but remember when using a seat that is not properly suited to your comfort,also not forgetting the height and seat adjustment,could lead to future physical problems which we obviously do not want.
It would be nice to know that what tickles your fancy.I prefer a jell type seat.

Mountainsport.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I also prefer a gel type now, but not too squidgy, just absorbent enough to soften the contact points rather than give suspension.

D

Deleted member 4366

If you get a bike with proper air rear suspension, it's not so important what saddle you have. You can just choose one that looks nice and matches your bike.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
If you get a bike with proper air rear suspension, it's not so important what saddle you have. You can just choose one that looks nice and matches your bike.
for me the aforementioned Brooks covers both bases - very comfy (and just gets more so) and looks the biz

Especially if coupled with a suspension post - mine is only a cheap post but between the two I never even think about my posterior.And thats thesign of a great setup in my book

Advertisers