HSBC Premier Travel Insurance,on business but don't meet a member of the public!

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I use my HSBC Premier Card for booking flights safe in the knowledge that my trip is covered by travel insurance,or so I thought-
HSBC Premier Card-quote from their website ' If your travelling abroad on business ,HSBC does more than help with your finances when travelling,we can give peace of mind if the unexpected happens.'
They offer emergency medical expenses cover up to £10 million.
With this exceptional cover I have for years been travelling using flights/hotels booked with my card and no other travel insurance,safe that I am protected by HSBC Premier travel insurance,underwritten by Aviva, until I had reason to read the supporting policy document,all 47 pages of it and found the following exclusion clause.
'. your job if this is not a wholly office based role
and your journey involves dealing with members
of the public or any tasks other than clerical or
administrative duties' claim is void.
In other words if your business involves with 'DEALING WITH MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC' the insurance is void. How do you go away on business without dealing with a member of the public-the insurance cover to a businessman is useless!!!!!!!!
Dave
KudosCycles

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's a shocker Dave. It smacks of a typical insurance company wording to ensure the actual cover is minimal, so I'd be inclined to think the source of the conditions is solely Aviva (formerly Norwich Union) rather than bankers HSBC.

It's for this sort of reason that I've always been my own insurer, only buying legally compulsory insurance and home structure insurance. Not buying any other insurance through my long life has saved me a small fortune, giving me the ever increasing capital to cover possible liabilities.

Advertisers