Intuvia or Purion?

Fish2

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2017
The sunny side of the Alps
Hi.

I ordered my Cube, and it comes with Purion display.
Does anyone know if I can replace it with Intuvia? And is it even worth it? I think the power assist level info would be nice to have.

What do you think? If you maybe used both?

Highside43

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2016
Aberdovey
www.cubeengineering.co.uk
As far as I'm aware you can exchange the two (bike shop may have to do some funny electrical wizzardry that's beyond my 3 pin plug wiring capabilities), but I'd be aware if you use it off road to it's full extent as it can be costly to replace if you damage it. If you're using it off road then you'll be concentrating more on avoiding trees than power levels, but it's horses for courses - only you know to what extent you'll be using the bike in an off road capacity.

• Agree
Reactions: Fish2

Fish2

Pedelecer
Mar 7, 2017
The sunny side of the Alps
No, I will not use the bike to it's full off road extent. My rides are about 60% gravel, 30% tarmac and 10% offroad.
The usb charging port is also nice to have, but again, not sure how much I would actually use it :)

falmouthtony

Esteemed Pedelecer
I like the fact that I can remove the intuvia if I leave the bike. Just another extra bit of security. I also like to see the bar graph showing me how much power I'm taking from the motor at any given point. I never consider it more of a damage risk than any other handlebar furniture. Very much personal choice I guess.

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
I sold my Nyon in favour of the purion. I love the purion as a simple small display and perfect if your going to be mtbing, properly off road.

If your doing mainly xc / trail then the Intuvia is fine. I personally think the purion is the most robust by far.

• Agree
Reactions: Fish2 and soundwave

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
I like the fact that I can remove the intuvia if I leave the bike. Just another extra bit of security. I also like to see the bar graph showing me how much power I'm taking from the motor at any given point. I never consider it more of a damage risk than any other handlebar furniture. Very much personal choice I guess.
.. I like the intuvia also. It gives the information needed no more no less . It's monochrome display might look old fashioned , bit it does not take up power and is neither too bright at night or unviewable by day. I like the idea that it simply slots on and off as a security measure. Without it fitted the motor will not operate.

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
.. I like the intuvia also. It gives the information needed no more no less . It's monochrome display might look old fashioned , bit it does not take up power and is neither too bright at night or unviewable by day. I like the idea that it simply slots on and off as a security measure. Without it fitted the motor will not operate.
Agree, but it still wouldn't stop someone from stealing it these days, and those intuvia's are cheap to buy off ebay.

Highside43

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2016
Aberdovey
www.cubeengineering.co.uk
Apologies, I was getting mixed up with the Nyon display...

I have the Intuvia on my bike, but when I eventually smash it to bits I will change to the Purion as like the simple look and less likely to get damaaged. I have cartwheeled my bike several times now and so far the Intuvia has held up apart from being scratched all across it and the plastic case now held on with race tape...it's more functional now than aesthetic...;)

I don't really look at the power assistance level - the only info I (personally) want is what mode I'm in, speed (mph) and how much battery is left.

• Agree
Reactions: Fish2 and Steve A

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Agree, but it still wouldn't stop someone from stealing it these days, and those intuvia's are cheap to buy off ebay.
Agreed, but is yet another obstacle for the impulsive Thief. Nothing can stop a thief equipped with an angle grinder..... Except as the us gunlobby might say a Google gduy with ,a chainsaw

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Apologies, I was getting mixed up with the Nyon display...

I have the Intuvia on my bike, but when I eventually smash it to bits I will change to the Purion as like the simple look and less likely to get damaaged. I have cartwheeled my bike several times now and so far the Intuvia has held up apart from being scratched all across it and the plastic case now held on with race tape...it's more functional now than aesthetic...;)

I don't really look at the power assistance level - the only info I (personally) want is what mode I'm in, speed (mph) and how much battery is left.
Agree same here
Agreed, but is yet another obstacle for the impulsive Thief. Nothing can stop a thief equipped with an angle grinder..... Except as the us gunlobby might say a Google gduy with ,a chainsaw
I'm sure you've seen news of bikes being knicked by passengers in cars that don't even stop. My friend was in his garage and didn't even see the thief who stole his bike (normal sized garage). My policy after my house was robbed and having had my car stolen is this. Don't leave garage doors open when you can help it, even when in garage as don't want to advertise bikes etc. Have your house picture deleted from google maps, especially if you have trailers on drive etc. Lock bike to anchor on floor or wall. Never leave bike anywhere. I know it's all a bit of a pain, but fingers crossed it now seems to pay off.

Reactions: Sarabee

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Steve, someone that I know has just had their locked and secured bike stolen from their garage. They must of simply cut the frame in half as the locks etc were all still intact. I guess that they just wanted to break the bike for parts.

On topic. I'd say that Intuvia would be fine for the use that you want, but opt for Purion if getting more adventurous. I also like the fact that Purion leaves the stem area of the bike free.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Is Purion assist buttons better than current Intuvia remote. I find it to easy to double click and end up with no assist or to high assist. One of my pet hates of Bosch drive, motor I love.

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Steve, someone that I know has just had their locked and secured bike stolen from their garage. They must of simply cut the frame in half as the locks etc were all still intact. I guess that they just wanted to break the bike for parts.

On topic. I'd say that Intuvia would be fine for the use that you want, but opt for Purion if getting more adventurous. I also like the fact that Purion leaves the stem area of the bike free.
I hated the look of the Nyon on my bike, much prefer purion out of the way. Oh, i also have the garage alarmed and cctv front and back. It all helps.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you not going to get one then ? ill never go back ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i get no glare from it at night at all and less crap on my handle bars and i can get the stem i want as not restricted buy the mount now ;)

DSC_0691_01.JPG

i think i found me rear mud guard ;)

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Is Purion assist buttons better than current Intuvia remote. I find it to easy to double click and end up with no assist or to high assist. One of my pet hates of Bosch drive, motor I love.
On the intuvia, the plus button brings you up power assist stages and the minus bringing you down if you double click then you go up or down two stages. But the plus button does not then circle round and give you no assist

Advertisers