Is it possible to extend the cable between the LCD and On/Off switch?

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
I’m hoping to extend the cable that connects the LCD to the On/Off switch on my Oxygen S-Cross MTB (Mk1), so the On/Off switch can be sited nearer to my thumb whilst still gripping the bars.
Currently the cable is at full stretch when the LCD is central on the bars, making the On/Off panel about 3” short at the moment .

I thought I might be able to buy a couple of Male to Female Julet type connectors with a length of cable already fitted.
Then cut the existing cable, dismantle one off the new cables and use the Julet connectors to solder onto original cable wire ends. Then connect the other new cable between.

Has anyone done this before?
Does anyone know how many wires are in the existing cable. Also can anyone recommend a supplier of the Julet cables please.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
4 wires in there. Easiest would be to cut the cable and solder in a length of 4-way. Why would you want to mess about with connectors, when it's the same number of solder joints?

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
As ever, another positive response from the guru, simples.
Overthinking a problem I suppose.
Which core size would you recommend please.
Many thanks Dave.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
As ever, another positive response from the guru, simples.
Overthinking a problem I suppose.
Which core size would you recommend please.
Many thanks Dave.
22g or 24g. I'm not sure wha that is in squared mm. You'll have to look up a conversion table. Get a meter of each if you want an exact match.

Advertisers