Is my new Battery Knackered?

Dog George

Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2016
Rock, Cornwall
I've recently purchased a new Giant Full E+1, But not had much chance to use it (only 13 miles) since collection. When the bike was picked up the battery was not on the bike, it was being charged. The battery was showing 98% when i got it home, but a couple of weeks later it had dropped to 9%. I gave it a full charge, then took it out for it's only ride so far. On returning home it was showing 89%, But now a few weeks later it is showing 24%. The bike has been kept indoors the whole time. My wife has the same make/model bike & the battery is holding charge. I'm worried that when i contact the supplying dealer (100 miles from me) they will want the battery back for checking/replacement, maybe leaving me with a bike without a battery for some time?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Sounds like the BMS could be faulty and bleeding the voltage down. Get it sorted and contact the dealer/supplier before the nicer weather arrives, the sooner you deal with it the better.
In the mean time use the wife's battery if not using the bike as they are interchangeable, if she moans (they usually do :oops: ) tell her she can have the new one when it arrives.

• Informative
Reactions: Dog George

Advertisers