Is there any possible way to unlock the top speed of the Wisper Wayfarer H9 taking full personal responsibility?

BogomilPetrov

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 25, 2022
Is there any way to remove the speed restriction?

I fully understand that the warranty would be void and that the bike would no longer be classed as an E-Bike.

I would like to be able to do this taking the full responsibility upon myself and have this option.

I understand that some bikes might need a special chip or controller to do so but I'm unable to find such a thing for the Wayfarer H9.
I would go directly and try to do this myself by checking for any speed sensors but would like to ask before trying to tinker with it myself.

If there is no way to go about this directly then I would have to open it up myself and try to find a way to do it.
I am very certain that I'd like to have this option and take the responsibility on myself and want to go with Wisper rather than buying any other brand out there. I'm very keen on getting the H9 but if there is no option I might have to choose to buy another brand which I don't want. Its a very good bike.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Someone says they have done it quite easily to David's dismay.

BogomilPetrov

Aug 25, 2022
Someone says they have done it quite easily to David's dismay.
I read that thread but the user themselves seems to have disappeared without any information.

By asking this I do not wish to anger anyone whatsoever! I understand it is completely on my head and I solely take responsibility for this!

If I do end up getting the Wayfarer H9 I would do everything only for myself and will face any possible repercussions which may stem from this.

I just really really like that bike and would love to be able to have it to its full potential, nothing more.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Private message the individual via the conversation/envelope box next to your name , then the discussion remains private.

BogomilPetrov

Aug 25, 2022
Private message the individual via the conversation/envelope box next to your name , then the discussion remains private.
Unfortunately when I tried to send the individual a message it said that they could not be contacted and never went through.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Maybe he has killed himself derestricting it and taken the info to the grave or has been arrested and locked up for being a naughty boy :eek:.

StuartsProjects

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2021
Is there any way to remove the speed restriction?

I would like to be able to do this taking the full responsibility upon myself and have this option.
Consider what might happen if there is widespread breaches of the law, with eBikes being widely de-restricted and the riders openly then abusing the law by speeding.

If caught speeding only you may be initially impacted, loose your driving license etc. The powers that be might well then consider tighter restrictions on eBikes, say by introducing full type approval, preventing DIY etc. That could have a significant affect on the large number of eBike users that do follow the rules, which is just not fair.

Plenty of Ministers out there prepared to say that tighter restrictions are needed to reduce the number of speeding cyclists.

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
There is currently no speeding laws with cyclists and I regularly sit behind them on windy roads at the weekend when they are easily doing 20-25mph on the flat and often well in excess of this on the hills. Whether there is a motor propelling them or it's due to their personal fitness the danger remains the same.

There is an argument that riding at the restricted 15.5mph is more dangerous on the increasingly popular 20mph restricted roads as we are always being overtaken by cars, buses and lorries that often stop a few meters on which demands us to overtake them again (and again, and again). This is the most dangerous part of the 15.5mph restriction for me and I therefore feel safer on a standard bike than an ebike whilst in traffic due to the ease of being able to reach 20mph over the often heavy ebike, and keep up with the flow. The biggest danger being on a bike on the road are cars, buses and lorries. Being able to do 4.5mph over the ebike restriction is hardly the biggest issue we have on our roads

Advertisers