Jigsaw Puzzle Happiness - Andy Williams

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
ANDY.jpg Having an Ebike has taken me down many roads and has been live changing. Cycling to pubs of the same name, cycling between lifeboat stations and cycling between railway bridges are all things that can be done unassisted but for me is so much more fun on an Ebike. My latest cycling involves charity shop "hopping" for the purpose of collecting Jigsaw Puzzles with pubs in. I then plan and execute the mission and present the puzzle to the "landlord". Image my joy when I found a puzzle which was a montage of 15 pubs. On this particular box I noticed a credit to the photographer. I "googled" him, phoned him and then popped in to say hello.

Reactions: TinKitten and flecc

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Reactions: flecc

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
My wife and her friends are all into jigsaw puzzles. New, they cost around £10 to £15. At charity shops, they cost a pound or two. Sometimes you can but them on social media in job lots, costing £1 or less each. They are then swapped and passed around the gang, until everyone has done them.

Typically only 10% of secondhand puzzles have missing pieces, and even then, it is only one or two pieces. Experienced puzzlers don`t seem to mind if the odd piece is missing. Eventually, they all get taken back to charity shops. All in all, it is a cheap hobby.

Pete Keeffe

Pedelecer
Jul 17, 2014
Years since we did a jigsaw.
We had a cracker on the go on a coffee table.
Almost finished.
My sister came round with her youngest who promptly pulled the puzzle off the table.
We've not done one since.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Years since we did a jigsaw.
We had a cracker on the go on a coffee table.
Almost finished.
My sister came round with her youngest who promptly pulled the puzzle off the table.
We've not done one since.
At least we now have online virtual jigsaw puzzles, saved in memory overcomes that problem!

Advertisers