[Jun 6, 2016] Brighton meet up (Brighton)

lee-wave

Pedelecer
Jan 7, 2012
Leatherhead
Sorry about that Neal - I must have looked at the June calender - the 25th being a Sat...early signs of dementia....coincidently today my main battery has just died. I will probably bite the bullet and get a 19 amp from cyclezee..

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Will probably head straight down the 23 to Pye and do all points as I go cross country Eastwards for a change.

Sounds good Nealh. I'm going to have to stay a little more local. I will be at the top by Devils Dyke pub for about 10.30. I will head east towards Pycombe but then head south to Stamner (great tea room). In case you should drift across that way it would be nice to meet up for a tea en route.

Didn't get time to change the chain, cassette or front pads, too nice so went straight out albeit later than planned.
Slightly late up to Devil's dyke, I arrived at eleven to find a number of paragliders preparing for launch.
Set off east around the south side of the big bowl and made my way round to the far side of Pycombe golf course. They are some killer hills before reaching the golf course, but of course the motor made light work of my accents as I scampered up close to 15mph :) Loves that!
Headed down an unfamiliar path that became ever more overgrown as I went. Suffice to say my ankles got it from the stingers, ouch!
Worth the discomfort for the views I reached over looking Brighton with the i360 at half mast visible on the horizon.
Back down into Brighton through a few of the parks drenched with sun bathing bodies, finishing with a lovely quiche salad in one of the cafes.
Front 20mm axle keeps coming loose upsetting the front disc alignment, so need to look at that.
Barely saw a sole all morn.
All in all a top morning ride. 26 miles covered, 423 Wh consumed. Nice!
Happy riding people.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
We weren't to far from each other today, I didn't head east as planned. I hit Pye G.C at about 11.20hrs then had lunch at Chatteri then headed down to the Uni and south of the 27 before criss crossing over to Black cap via Housedean and home, 75 miles today and knackered. Looks like my new 250 controller needs tweaking as it certainly didn't feel as good as the 350 it replaced any tips would be most welcome as I'm pretty much rubbish when it comes to techy stuff esp computers and the thought of trying to programme the controller.

Last edited:
We weren't to far from each other today, I didn't head east as planned. I hit Pye G.C at about 11.20hrs then had lunch at Chatteri then headed down to the Uni and south of the 27 before criss crossing over to Black cap via Housedean and home, 75 miles today and knackered. Looks like my new 250 controller needs tweaking as it certainly didn't feel as good as the 350 it replaced any tips would be most welcome as I'm pretty much rubbish when it comes to techy stuff esp computers and the thought of trying to programme the controller.
Haha! We certainly weren't far at times. I would have passed through the Pye golf course about 11.30-45.
Fair mileage 75miles off road, I seldom top 50 but that includes a lot of play time as well as straight riding.
I may be able to help with programming advice. Mainly about tweaking settings very gradually and testing the changes. There are some great articles online that provide a simple explanation of what to expect from different setting changes.
It's not as daunting as it might seem.
Do you have a screen grab of your current settings?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
42 of them were road miles to and from home.
Just perused the ES programming page certainly cleared a few things up, ideally need a set up to suit off road. No screen shot of current settings, haven't got a cable/lead yet.

42 of them were road miles to and from home.
Just perused the ES programming page certainly cleared a few things up, ideally need a set up to suit off road. No screen shot of current settings, haven't got a cable/lead yet.
Ah, I see. I thought 75 miles all off-road was a bit keen!
Well, a Brighton meet up nearly happened, eh!
Hopefully a small group can catch a ride together soon. I'll keep an eye on this thread :) It still surprises me how few people seem to be taking advantage of this tech. for off-road fun. It's a game changer for me. I go anywhere without wincing at the thought!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Having hijacked Lee-waves (Keith's) thread a little will start another or add to other started threads.