kalkhoff 2015 chainguard

Simo

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2015
Hi just a query and a request for help, I have a pro connect and alls going well however I am worried about my inexperience on maintenance matters going forward etc. been looking at the chain guard which is built like the proverbial outhouse! How does it come off? I can see a retaining bolt on the rear end but nothing else? Have any kalkhoff owners here taken one off and able to share any advice please.
Regards......... Confused,,,,,

Solarbake

Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2014
Hi Simo
I've taken mine off there's a couple of screws hidden behind the main chain wheel you can just get to it with screwdriver pliers you may have to wreck the
chain guard to remove it tho,

Simo

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2015
Hi Simo
I've taken mine off there's a couple of screws hidden behind the main chain wheel you can just get to it with screwdriver pliers you may have to wreck the
chain guard to remove it tho,
Thanks don't think I will bother then unless I have to, bit of a concern if the front sprocket ever needs replacing? How would a bike shop especially one not used to kalkhoff bikes be happy to touch it. Guess I need to stop finding things to fret about...thanks for reply tho.

Solarbake

Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2014
There easy to replace you just need a c spanner and you can get larger or smaller or the same size main chainrings if you want to gear it higher or smaller from Martin at the ebike shop

Simo

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2015
There easy to replace you just need a c spanner and you can get larger or smaller or the same size main chainrings if you want to gear it higher or smaller from Martin at the ebike shop
Thanks I only have a rough idea of what you mean tho, bit clueless on all this but am sure I could seek advice on here which is good to know, thanks again for reply, regards.

Advertisers