Kalkhoff Agattu 36v 17AH battery - near Lincoln - HELP NEEDED

USAebike

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 21, 2022
I agree Bosch motors also break, and have done since their earliest days.

But don't try to kid us that the Daum Impulse motors are reliable, the Impulse 2 in particular is very far from that, most failing well within 2000 miles. How else do you account for bikes receiving up to FIVE replacement motors under warranty, once it had been agreed that the warranty continued for those that broke within two years.
I have a CX Gen 4 failed with 1700 miles on a $8000 Riese Muller. Much more expensive to replace and much more difficult to pull the motor. Bikes break best to become a DIY mechanic if you want to ride a lot of miles. impulse 2 are cheap to rebuild and easy to pull. Panasonic we’re probably the only bullet proof ebike motor ever made.

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
Think my bike (pictured in sig) is around 7 years old now and works fine with no issues. I have the same battery (or looks very similar) and the BMS goes in to shelf mode if not used for a while. It wakes with a long hold of the battery ON button. Impulse 2 reputation hasn't come to get me yet and the bike is still fantastic to ride..

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

Advertisers