Kalkhoff instructions

Osho

Pedelecer
Jan 13, 2015
Bournemouth
I took delivery today of my Tasman and noticed a sticker on one of the forks which said
Before using the fork please read thoroughly the instruction sheet. I have been through all the papers that came with the bike and read the online materials but can find nothing that relates to the forks or what I have to do or not do. Can anyone offer enlighten me please?

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Sprung forks but not adjustable.
Most forks have some pre-load which is set by twisting a knob on top of one of the stanchions.

It's often not obvious which one, as the dummy cap is styled to match.

If yours have no adjustment, then there's nothing you can do other than ride the bike.

On a £2K bike I would expect some adjustment, my Rose has air adjust forks which are deemed to be one step up from simple springs.

Even so, the forks are only about £90 to buy retail.

Reactions: Osho

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
On the Suntour website for your model forks I've found this PDF of the exploded view.

Part number 12 is listed as the Adjust cap, so it appears some adjustment is possible on that leg.

And here is the 2014 general manual for their forks on this link. They haven't yet produced a 2015 manual for forks.

Last edited:
Reactions: RobF and Osho

Osho

Pedelecer
Jan 13, 2015
Bournemouth
Thank you, it was kind of you to find that information for me which I found very informative. More than a bit beyond me but interesting reading all the same.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
It would appear you can pre-load the spring.

Worth doing to get the best out of the fork.

If you don't fancy tinkering yourself, any bike shop ought to point you in the right direction - it's a less than two minute job.

Reactions: Osho

Advertisers