Kalkhoff Tuning Dongle

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
is this the bike?

cos if it is you will rip that belt drive to bits in no time with a dongle fitted, as i cant see that lasting long with hi speed and heat and cold

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
The dongle only alters the speed cut off, it doesn't add any extra power.

The belt will easily take the power of a rider and a relatively weedy motor.

Heat and cold doesn't come into it.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Heat and cold doesn't come into it.

yes it does on a hot day going 30mph that belt will fall to bits going over the rear hub its called friction + heat i cant see it lasting long tbh.

the faster it goes the faster the belt will wear out.

id also bet if you put a belt drive in the freezer over night n put it on the bike will snap in half as soon as you pedal

rippedupno1

Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2013
Dudley,west midlands
Having riden harleys for the past 20 years i have a fair bit of experience with belt drives, I have never had a single problem and i don't know anyone in our club chapter that has. Even my custom which has a full race 120ci 130hp motor runs a standard belt and has done over 6000 miles on a standard harley belt, admitted that is obviously only on road but it has experienced both very hot and cold conditions.

Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
that belt is a gates carbon reinforced belt its not made of rubber lol

bet new 1 of them are not cheap

Plasmadaddy

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2015
London, UK
Having riden harleys for the past 20 years i have a fair bit of experience with belt drives, I have never had a single problem and i don't know anyone in our club chapter that has. Even my custom which has a full race 120ci 130hp motor runs a standard belt and has done over 6000 miles on a standard harley belt, admitted that is obviously only on road but it has experienced both very hot and cold conditions.
Yup, fellow Harley rider here!

No issues with a belt unless you get something sharp stuck between the belt and the teeth. Most times it'll dislodge on its own.

Ridden in 45 degree heat and 0 degree cold and never had a belt snap!

Reactions: rippedupno1

John Roberts

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2015
is this the bike?

cos if it is you will rip that belt drive to bits in no time with a dongle fitted, as i cant see that lasting long with hi speed and heat and cold
Yes this is the bike I bought! But not being delivered until late Oct. I can't see anywhere close up enough to know where the badass dongle connects to. Anyone got a better image so I can imagine it in my mind???

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

John Roberts

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2015
Perfect. I now know what to look for. Can't wait for he home to be delivered. If only I could take it to my forthcoming trip to Menorca (see other thread :(.

John Roberts

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2015
50 cycles will happily sell you an s-pedelec from their shops knowing that your very likely to use them on the public paths and roads. They could hardly object to making some minor adjustment to your bike. At worst you could buy one of the programmers from them for £189 and then sell it afterwards. I doubt it would be an issue.
You mention a programmer can be bought for £189. Is this available on their website? I cannot find the link.

Advertisers