KITVISION ESCAPE HD5 Camera

stumpy150

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2015
Yorkshire
Following my near death experience in Bingley I decided to go out an get myself a small water proof camera. Having recently invested in a VERY expensive Digital SLR I didn't think I would get away with buying an all singing Go Pro...So with the help of Google and Tesco free delivery I got a KITVISION ESCAPE HD5 Waterproof camera and body harness ( sounds a bit strange ! )

£30 gets you a water proof housing, so many mounts you will forget what they are all for and that body harness mount.

Its a Go Pro Clone and despite its claims its NOT HD quality ( allegedly 720P ). But for £30 you cant really grumble. The mounts are not as sturdy as the Go Pro but its fairly easy to use despite the Chinese to English Instruction book. You will need to get a Micro SD - (Max 32gb).

It records sounds and even picks up my ebike.

There is no external power socket - as the case is waterproof so no access ports although I suppose yo can charge it from the USB on the Bosch ebike system when its out of the case ??

I will answer as many questions as I can but in the meantime I have posted a short video on You tube;-

Which will hopefully work when the link is clicked....Give it time as I have only just up loaded it

:)

Reactions: cyberdyne_systems

cyberdyne_systems

Pedelecer
May 8, 2016
Surrey
Following my near death experience in Bingley I decided to go out an get myself a small water proof camera. Having recently invested in a VERY expensive Digital SLR I didn't think I would get away with buying an all singing Go Pro...So with the help of Google and Tesco free delivery I got a KITVISION ESCAPE HD5 Waterproof camera and body harness ( sounds a bit strange ! )

£30 gets you a water proof housing, so many mounts you will forget what they are all for and that body harness mount.

Its a Go Pro Clone and despite its claims its NOT HD quality ( allegedly 720P ). But for £30 you cant really grumble. The mounts are not as sturdy as the Go Pro but its fairly easy to use despite the Chinese to English Instruction book. You will need to get a Micro SD - (Max 32gb).

It records sounds and even picks up my ebike.

There is no external power socket - as the case is waterproof so no access ports although I suppose yo can charge it from the USB on the Bosch ebike system when its out of the case ??

I will answer as many questions as I can but in the meantime I have posted a short video on You tube;-

Which will hopefully work when the link is clicked....Give it time as I have only just up loaded it

:)
Will take a look once I'm back on WiFi, I use a xiaomi yi, good budget camera, but you need to buy all the accessories

Edit: watched it now, that's pretty good viewed on my phone

Last edited:

stumpy150

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2015
Yorkshire
here is another entering the original village of Emmerdale ( Esholt in West Yorkshire )
still uploading so again, be patient :)

stumpy150

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2015
Yorkshire
couple of issues - The camera has a microphone but due to the water proof housing it doesn't pick anything up other than the interference caused by my elec motor on the bike and the clank of the gear change :(

And there is no external power socket through the housing so that when
The camera is attached to the bike in its housing you cant charge up on the go so limits use of camera :(

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: cyberdyne_systems

Advertisers