KT LCD to KT LED parameter transfer cable

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
I was looking at simple KT LED displays and it seems to change parameters you have to use a KT LCD display and parameter transfer cable which connects both displays with a little cable going off to insert the necessary power. Anyone have experience of these. Are there easier and better solutions especially if the displays in question actually have the round waterproof connections rather than the connectors shown in this diagram. I've never seen such a cable for sale but admittedly I haven't been looking for one. I like the LED displays for simplicity and durability but seems like a lot of hassle to set them up. I guess most people use them with the default settings? Yet from what I understand they can hold all the parameters just a like a normal LCD display and they function better if properly setup.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Can't help, never tried using one.
Afaik all one is doing is programming the controller.
My older lcd1 had only P parameters to set so I simply parked my the lcd3 bike next to it to make the settings in the controller for the lcd1.

Bonzo Banana

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2019
Can't help, never tried using one.
Afaik all one is doing is programming the controller.
My older lcd1 had only P parameters to set so I simply parked my the lcd3 bike next to it to make the settings in the controller for the lcd1.
Are the settings stored in the controller or display, I always thought it was the display perhaps I got that wrong. When you say parked what do you mean? Can you swop displays live and do the controllers hold the parameters while doing so. Is there a button sequence that takes the controller settings and stores them in the LED display?

Lets say I have a LED display and KT controller fresh from their boxes, what is the best way to set them up?

I bought a few of these recently when they were on offer for £4.99 delivered and I'm wondering I'm deciding whether to go for a small LCD display or LED display. I actually would prefer the LED display for simplicity but its the setting of the parameters that is putting me off. If its easy to configure the LED display somehow I would rather go that route if possible.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The LCD1 has no C parameter settings so it can't know what they are , I wanted to change C1, C3, C4, C5 & C14 values. Rather then remove a screen, I simply parked the two bikes next to each other, unplugged both screens and then plugged the lcd3 into the 1t4 cable on the lcd1 bike. One will have to manually input the desired values.
I checked later and the parameter changes were kept .

Advertisers