Large Capacity Rucksack for cycling

kuksoolchris

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 2, 2014
Inverness
Hi Guys looking at cycling into the gym and back but need to carry a large bag full of martial arts gear.

Most of the hillwalking style bags I have tried interfere with my helmet and bug the crap out of me.

Is there a solution (other than the obvious don't wear a helmet or use panniers)

Cheers Chris

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
Personally, I think any kind of back pack on a bike is a bad idea if it is avoidable. I would prefer to use panniers, and/or a large kit bag on the carrier. Or use a small back pack, and also a kit bag.

kuksoolchris

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 2, 2014
Inverness
I don't like Panniers for the hastle at the end of the journey with getting clothes and equipment from the bike to the class. I am hoping to find a solution where i can cycle to the gym park the bike and either walk to changing room (still carrying the back pack) or simply grab a bag off the bike and walk.

I do have a rack fitted (altho one side has my staff holder attached - this could always be redesigned).
How do I go about securing a large kit bag onto the carrier?

D

Deleted member 4366

For my shopping, I use a large shoulder bag. It's miles more convenient than a rucksack or panniers. I carry more than 10kg sometimes.

Advertisers