LCD 861 display

martindf3

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 21, 2015
I wonder if anyone can answer me a question ? the loom on this controller has an output for control of lights or light as my battery is 48volt which actually measure 54 volts off load , I wondered what the output voltage is at the light terminal. So I stuck my voltmeter in it on DC and nothing but flashed a voltage on disconnecting the leads .As it was -2 deg outside I came back in , decided I would ask on the forum first .I also noticed a company selling one e-bay called WUXING 36V LED Front Light .Further investigation showed that this light is 36/48 volt , next question can the 36 volt be used at 54 volts .I will probably never use lights on my bike but I hate loose plugs ,and want to plug them into something .

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
tricky situation. I would not want to use the light switch on the LCD for my front light. Any accident involving the light may damage the LCD and meld the cable that goes between the LCD and the controller, expensive to replace. The light probably has its own switch, wiring the light straight to the battery would avoid all that uncertainty.

martindf3

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 21, 2015
tricky situation. I would not want to use the light switch on the LCD for my front light. Any accident involving the light may damage the LCD and meld the cable that goes between the LCD and the controller, expensive to replace. The light probably has its own switch, wiring the light straight to the battery would avoid all that uncertainty.
Sound advise ... I have arc welded in the past with less voltage than 48 volt .It gives one hell of a spark when shorted Sticking two thin wires without protection at the front of my bike could be potential disaster.

D

Deleted member 4366

Lots of OEM bikes have had their controllers wiped out by a short on the light wires. It's much safe to run from the battery with a fuse and a switch.

• Informative
Reactions: mw1 and martindf3

SecretNerih

Just Joined
Nov 7, 2016
London
just FYI - it should give you battery voltage on that, but more importantly, only run 5w MAX through it.

Noticed that there is a PTC on this line, so in theory, it should protect the Controller if it shorts, again this may or may not exist on your controller.

Advertisers