LCD battery meter shows empty for 30 seconds after turning it on, during which the bike won't start

Bachgen_o_Gymru

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2017
UK
My bike has a KT-LCD3 and a sine-wave controller. The bike has developed a problem during the last week. When I turn on the LCD, the battery meter on the LCD shows as being empty for about 30 seconds, before it finally shows the correct amount of battery. During this 30 seconds, the bike won't start, and so I have to wait for the battery meter to load before I can begin riding. The rest of the LCD shows as normal when turning it on. Does anyone know what the cause of this might be and how I could go about fixing it? Thanks for any help you can give me.

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
My bike has a KT-LCD3 and a sine-wave controller. The bike has developed a problem during the last week. When I turn on the LCD, the battery meter on the LCD shows as being empty for about 30 seconds, before it finally shows the correct amount of battery. During this 30 seconds, the bike won't start, and so I have to wait for the battery meter to load before I can begin riding. The rest of the LCD shows as normal when turning it on. Does anyone know what the cause of this might be and how I could go about fixing it? Thanks for any help you can give me.
Hmm, could be resistance in the power lines, check they are plugged in properly and the wires and connectors are in good nick. If not then the fault may be in the controller, if you have one to test that would help

Bachgen_o_Gymru

Pedelecer
Aug 29, 2017
UK
Thanks for your reply.

I have managed to fix the problem :). It turned out to be a weak connection in one of the wires coming from the controller.

Reactions: flecc

Advertisers