Licensed to sell

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
Hi, As you may know, or have guessed, I am looking at ways of selling stuff from my recumbent tent poled bottle clad electric bike. If I were to go to a local shop and stock up on suitable product and then go and pitch up at various places like the railway station, the busy market square pedestrian precinct, a public pavement outside Sainsbury, the playing fields on match day, car parks, etc ... Is that allowed? Do I need to get a licence or permission for this kind of activity?
As I'm going about promoting CycleCharge I thought I could sound out the idea with some of the local shops. Obviously the product will need to be small and light. I'm thinking of the local toys shop and seeing if they have any of those amazing snakes on a stick, or the model shop and stock up on Balsa wood planes, etc ...

danfoto

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 2, 2010
Sarfeast England
I'm no expert on this, but I do know from experience of taking pictures professionally that you may be in for a surprise about how many "public pavements" are no such thing.

Don't want to **** on your parade, but even if nobody objects to your presence wherever you rock up, you're almost certainly going to need the OK from your local council to trade, and you may well then find that there's related legislation with which you have to comply.

In a word ...

Can.jpg

Last edited:

Advertisers