Lights on New Bike

paulmj21

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 9, 2011
When I switch the front light on at the control panel - the light just flashes once and then there is nothing from it, when I switch it off again I get another flash. I'm I doing something wrong? I notice that there are two unused connections at the base of the light, are these for anything?

Paul

paulmj21

Apr 9, 2011
Yes of course Frank, a Wisper 905se City S - just got it delivered yesterday. The back light is battery operated, the front light runs from the bike battery.
Any help or best guess would be appreciated.

Paul

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi
her is a link to wispers site

look in the list for you bike then download the manual

Wisper instruction manuals

Hear is the section on lights

11 The LIGHT button
11.1 The LIGHT button can be found close to ON/OFF button. If you press it when the bike power is on, the LED headlight on the front fork will illuminate. Press it again to switch of the light. The power for the light comes from the bike battery. Due to a low power consumption use of the light will not reduce your range.

If this don't work maybe faulty light

Frank

malkey

Just Joined
Apr 15, 2011
I had exactly the same problem with my Wisper se 905 sport and found there is 4 terminals at the back of the light. I swapped the wires to the other 2 unused terminals. My lights works fine now.

paulmj21

Apr 9, 2011
Thank you Frank and Malkey.
I changed the connections to the other two terminals and indeed the light came on permanently (and very bright), however only for about 20 seconds. This happened about three times after which the light just faded out and never came on again. I suspect at this stage that this was due to a fairly low battery, so I will charge overnight and see if the light comes on in the morning. Failing that, I will contact the Guys at Wisper, who I'm sure will get me up and running.

Paul.

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
You sure about your rear light working off a separate battery, Paul?

Mine works off the bike battery, like the front light - they might have changed the spec in the past six months, I suppose.

A.

paulmj21

Apr 9, 2011
Allen
there's no sign of any cables coming out, besides it switches on manually even with the bike power switched off. Also, similar posts have asked how to remove the batteries! All that said, the spec before I bought the bike indicated bike powered lights, (so you're quite right to ask). I'm not to fussed as long as I can get them to work.

Paul

Whisper 905se City S

paulmj21

Apr 9, 2011
Thank you everyone who replied over the weekend, The lights are definitely not working even after a full charge overnight. I've emailed the guys at Wisper, so I'm quite sure they'll get me sorted.

Paul

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Paul, I am sure Steve will look after you but I think that model had a light sensitive cell so the light comes on automatically in the dark.

The light switch on the LCD unit is for the back light on the unit it's self not the head light.

I would not advise swapping terminals without consulting Steve in support.

All the best

David

paulmj21

Apr 9, 2011
David, thanks for your reply.
that's leaves me a little confused, I'm pretty certain the the rear light is battery operated (see my reply to Allen-UK, above), and the front is bike operated. I think the front light may still be faulty as I took it out at dusk and to see if it would work, which was not the case. Anyway I appreciate your help on this. I've not heard back from Steve as yet. Is the best way to contact him by mail or phone?

Thanks.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Paul, it would probably be best to contact him by email.

If the lights are automatic they will only come on in the dark.

Good luck!

Best regards

David

Last edited:

Advertisers