'longwise' 36v 12a controller??

bimmertas

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 21, 2016
Aus
Hi there.

Been struggling to find a wiring diagram/pinout for a controller i happened to pick up.

from a 'longwise' scooter 36v 12a... is all i can find about it... Thought i might be able to figure it out as there's only 5 pins! apart from the battery/motor. Doing my head in now though...

On the 5 pin connector all i have is battery + and - on red and black wires.... nothing on the other three... white, green, brown (with another 2 pin connector in series) ???

any ideas appreciated. Or if anyone knows of another model that uses same i might be able to find diagram for?controller.jpg

Update! Ok, this is what the board looks like. Powers up and i get 5v at the appropriate places? when 'VK+' is connected to VB+/battery+...

The only connections leaving the controller apart from the motor/hall sensor wires, VK+ for power up, battery + and - for voltage indicator
!!!and "TX and RX" for a control unit... no throttle or brake wires leaving box that i can see.

after seeing this thread https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=41724&p=1194457#p1194457 with very similar silk screen markings i have tried running the throttle to 'SP' 'SP5v' and 'ground' ... this works to get 0.8-4V on SP pin... but controller is still not trying to turn motor.

Secondary switch maybe... 'BKL' maybe brake??? they have 5v on the pads at board?

Any ideas appreciated
WP_20160612_08_52_07_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If it is sensored/sine wave controller then the 5 may well be for halls, the three halls still need a power source so + & - are the source whilst the single Grey could be a brake sensor.

Last edited:

bimmertas

May 21, 2016
Aus
cheers. the hall sensor wires are under everything in that shot hooked up to motor. need to figure out what is going on with throttle... etc... etc.. i imagine that the brown is probably brakes...

Are there throttles that run direct battery voltage? built in battery indicator and 5v reg. for the throttle sensor?

(EDIT) that got me thinking... i didn't probe the hall wires last time. i should confirm there is 5v there and maybe the loom in original vehicle just gets 5v for throttle from there??? damn i wish i could just find a pinout.

(EDIT #2) No progress yet... no 5v at hall +, but that doesn't mean much without the controller being switched on. Tried a jumper wire with 10k resistor on the other wires to see if i could get it to 'wake up' but no luck yet board is marked '706AX3' and white and green wires are 'tx' and 'rx'.. brown is VK or UK+ and right next to jp1 that would connect it direct to battery +... i'm tempted to give that a go if this next internet search turns up nothing

Last edited:

bimmertas

May 21, 2016
Aus
Ok..
brown is the main power on switch...

That gets me 5v at the hall sensor +
Tried hooking up a throttle and feeding it back into green and the white, out of desperation :p No effect..

Controller says brake 'low level' so i was guessing that the white was going to be brake and leaving it NC would have let the motor run...

bimmertas

May 21, 2016
Aus
This controller has been officially placed in the 'too hard' basket :p
Far too much time already spent on a piece of hardware that can be upgraded for under $50AU.

The next project went a bit better, delta/wye switching on tonaro a mid drive motor fitted to trek hardtail frame. woohoo.... she goes now ;)

Attachments

Advertisers