Loss of function Bosch Vituvia no fault codes

mantis3008

Just Joined
Jul 15, 2018
Hi Im new to this but I wonder if any one can help . I have an AVE XH5 with Bosch Vituvia system . Its 2yrs & 3months old and has covered about 6000 miles . I did 30 + miles on it last Wednesday & put it on charge when I got home .Following morning it was showing only 80 % charged and had "forgotten" the last half of the previous trip . It was also showing no speed and was not giving any assistance . No screen fault codes showing . Took it to the local Bosch e bike dealer who plugged into their system ,which showed no faults .They are at a loss . can anyone make any suggestions or had anything like this . Any suggestions much appreciated !

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you will have to check all the connections first and give them a clean or check they have not come loose.

remove the left side motor cover and there all on that side give them a blow out/clean and replace them and see if that helps.

if still no joy then new speed sensor or new display might be needed but with no error codes there is not much to go on.

new motors are about £700 worst case.

you can reset the battery buy holding the power on button for 10sec and do the same with the lcd cant remember what buttons to hold so check the manual for that.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Hi Im new to this but I wonder if any one can help . I have an AVE XH5 with Bosch Vituvia system . Its 2yrs & 3months old and has covered about 6000 miles . I did 30 + miles on it last Wednesday & put it on charge when I got home .Following morning it was showing only 80 % charged and had "forgotten" the last half of the previous trip . It was also showing no speed and was not giving any assistance . No screen fault codes showing . Took it to the local Bosch e bike dealer who plugged into their system ,which showed no faults .They are at a loss . can anyone make any suggestions or had anything like this . Any suggestions much appreciated !
Is that perhaps a spelling mistake for the intuvia?. .. the auto correct can do that.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
If it is the intuvia, then a lack of speedometer reading means that the battery is not making contact with the internal wiring loom. .. I recently had that problem when a bump caused a few breaks in the connector in the battery housing on the back carrier.
You would need to bring the bike into the shop for them to run their diagnostic. .. in my case I was able to dismantle the assembly with great difficulty ,and then resolder.

Quarryjmiller

Pedelecer
Aug 18, 2015
Make sure that the walk assist button is operating freely, I lost all information and control when I inadvertently swivelled the bell bracket up against the button leaving it permanently engaged in my Intuvia.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
If shop has purion available, it only takes few minutes to take left motor cover off and plug it in. Should prove if motor is ok.

I had same fault with mine new, did it interminttently for first few days was perfect from then on.
Have you tried turning bike on using battery button.

Advertisers