Man United Thrashed By MK Dons

C

Cyclezee

Sorry if you are if you are Man United fan, but MK is on cloud nine this morning after thrashing United 4 - 0 :eek:

It's almost unbelievable and I am lost for words:D

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Not trying to take anything away from the MK Dons, but Man United really are getting into an ever deeper mess since Alex Ferguson retired. Truly how the mighty are fallen, but I think it's good for football overall. It's never good in any sport for one team to dominate as much as they once did.

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
Golly gosh, this is so sad! My team (Sanchabo Youth, Mandinari village) manage to survive on a series of defeats that would equal the record of Northwich Victoria and still turn out for training every week. Oh, silly me - they're amateurs!

Pete Keeffe

Pedelecer
Jul 17, 2014
Well you can always learn something new on here for sure.
Thanks for that heads up.
Might the tennis follow do you think?
It was always gridlocked in Wimbledon fortnight when we lived in London.
MK would be a better venue IMO.

Reactions: Cyclezee

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Well you can always learn something new on here for sure.
Thanks for that heads up.
Might the tennis follow do you think?
It was always gridlocked in Wimbledon fortnight when we lived in London.
MK would be a better venue IMO.
Careful suggesting that Pete, you'll be starting world war 3 if you aren't!

The original Wimbledon FC supporter club were furious about the move to MK, picketing the Football League HQ and refusing to support the MK team. The fact that the MK team use the Dons name which used to identify the club at Wimbledon has enraged the old supporters club even more.

Therefore the supporters club started AFC Wimbledon, which team quickly rose up the rankings through the Football League divisions. They are currently 13th in league 2 after working their way up through the various lower leagues, this including AFC Wimbledon becoming the only club in England at any level to maintain a perfect league record for the 2003–04 season, just four draws and all the other games wins.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Both those teams sum up the mess that football has become in this country now. One was bought by someone who decided that the catchment area of a traditional family club was too small for his financial ambitions. So he just moved it like an American sports franchise somewhere where he hoped there would be more scope for growth; and the FA let him.

The other was bought in a financially engineered debt laden take over connived at by the management who initially opposed it, but whose mouths were stuffed with gold. The club by having the debt for its purchase loaded onto it paid for its own take over and later became a cash cow to keep the owner's US shopping malls afloat after the financial crash. Only now do they realise that their milking of the club is risking its very existence as a major force, and they are belatedly buying some of the players they should have bought five years ago.

I don't know which club is worse. I'm falling between two stools here.

Reactions: flecc

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
Ohh. I hardly ever venture in the chat place because there is hardly any ffwti talk.. I must admit MKDons aka Wimbledon played extremelY well and score should have been 6-0 at least. I think some teams will be poaching their goal scorers in January transfer market?

los monty

Pedelecer
Oct 3, 2013
No need to apologise for discussing something much more popular than religion. Pretty sure the closure of a church in London would not generate the same amount of interest.
Born in Manchester and a lifelong red means I have to point out this competition is used by big clubs to give match time for the second string and introducing young blood.

Agree with fleccs sentiment as do a group of ex players who have bought Salford City and the ex united fans who run FC United of Manchester's who may well emulate the Dons.

Last week united paid £65M for a player. The team they played at next Burnley have spent less than that on players in their 125yr history. Result
0-0 which indicates the crazy state the game is in. No player loyalty, don't want to play for their country add the sponsorship, selling tickets,unofficial ground tours, betting scams not to mention diving time wasting.

Sorry I forgot what I was going to say UNITED are still whey better than MK ;-)

Reactions: flecc

Pete Keeffe

Pedelecer
Jul 17, 2014
I've only been to MK twice and both times to see Cyclezee.
( Top lad excellent service).
My call...
Any soccer team with a ground in MK is taking a gamble on getting decent attendances because visiting fans could easily get lost on all those flippin' roundabouts and never get to the match.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mountainsport

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
My call...
Any soccer team with a ground in MK is taking a gamble on getting decent attendances because visiting fans could easily get lost on all those flippin' roundabouts and never get to the match.
Never been to MK but by the sound of it may just drive you around the bend even if its just to meet John.:rolleyes:

MS.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
I once spent half an hour looking for the centre of MK. After passing the concrete cows a couple of times from different directions I came to the conclusion that the place was like a microcosm of the universe, and had its circumference everywhere and its centre nowhere.

Reactions: Cyclezee

Pete Keeffe

Pedelecer
Jul 17, 2014
They do have lots of dedicated cycle routes there.
I saw plenty as I was well lost and must have been all through MK and environs three times.
Looked to me as if you could get just about anywhere ( if you knew how) without having to ride in traffic.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
They do have lots of dedicated cycle routes there.
I saw plenty as I was well lost and must have been all through MK and environs three times.
Looked to me as if you could get just about anywhere ( if you knew how) without having to ride in traffic.

Here's a video posted by Cyclezee showing a ride through the Milton Keynes cyclepaths during a deserted Xmas spell:

MK cycle ride

C

Cyclezee

My call...
This always amuses me, when I visit somewhere that I have not been before I use a map or satnav and read road signs;)

Pete Keeffe

Pedelecer
Jul 17, 2014
This always amuses me, when I visit somewhere that I have not been before I use a map or satnav and read road signs;)
Now you're just using logic!
I had Google directions which are fine right up to, but never beyond; the first wrong turning one takes.

:)

Advertisers