Help! Mezzo 16 inch folding bike conversion and LCD Display(s) that work with S06S Controller

treasuresfather

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 20, 2018
Hi - appreciate some advice on which LCD displays will work with S06S controller, and maybe some advice on whether the S06S will give me what i want.
Background - I'm working on a conversion for Mezzo 16 inch folding bike, and have sourced all the parts from Bmsbattery, with a Q100C 328rpm motor, a B09P controller, and a BMS-S830 display, working with a 36v battery, a PAS crank sensor and a handlebar throttle.
It all works, but it's not as nice to ride as i would like - I've spent some time playing with the settings, but the issues i have are
1/ The motor starts with too much of a kick, I would like it to feed in more gradually (unfortunately if i diall the settings back it seems to take for ever to start when pedalling)
2/ When moving, if i stop pedalling and while still moving start pedalling again it seems to take too many crank revolutions before the motor starts up again. Having observed what happens when i replicate this on the bike stand, I think this is related to the small wheel, and the motor having to do a lot of work to get up to speed again.
3/ The controller assist settings seem to only provide two settings out of the 5 or 9 that actually are any use - the top setting (9 or 5) is basically cling on, max output, around 22 mph , and the next setting down is about 14 mph.
My aim is to have a bike that anyone in the family could ride.
I've bought a S06S controller, is this going to be more flexible and user friendly ?
From what I have read an LCD3 controller will allow me to set it up properly, but am confused by sellers saying only works with KT controllers, which mine isn't. I know i can get an LCD3 from BMSBattery, but i'm keen to avoid the shipping and duty.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Any KT branded one, the S06S is a KT. So LCD1 - LCD10.
BMS Battery call the KT stuff S series but have added a B series, it appears they aren't compatible with each other.
LCD3 is a favourite because it is easy to set , like wise the LCD4 is similar but very compact.

The BO9P is 22A and 48v so how are you using a 36v battery with it ?

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Your bike will be much better with an S06S controller and any of the KT LCDs. Don't forget to set it to "Torque simulation" mode (current control) to get the soft start you want.

treasuresfather

Jul 20, 2018
Any KT branded one, the S06S is a KT. So LCD1 - LCD10.
BMS Battery call the KT stuff S series but have added a B series, it appears they aren't compatible with each other.
LCD3 is a favourite because it is easy to set , like wise the LCD4 is similar but very compact.

The BO9P is 22A and 48v so how are you using a 36v battery with it ?
According to BMsbattery website it's suitable for 36v and 48v - it does work anyway !

treasuresfather

Jul 20, 2018
Your bike will be much better with an S06S controller and any of the KT LCDs. Don't forget to set it to "Torque simulation" mode (current control) to get the soft start you want.
Thanks - good to know I'm on the right track :)

treasuresfather

Jul 20, 2018
Have fitted new S06S controller and KT-LCD3. - worked straight away, and has made a real difference, have only ridden round the block but bike already seems more manageable, so am really pleased.
Still need to fine tune the settings, but am really encouraged by progress
The settings are
P1 - 131
P2 - 1
P3 - 1
P4 - 0
P5 - 0

C1 - 7
C2 - 0
C3 - 5
C4 - 0
C5 - 10
C14 - 2

Appreciate any comments / suggestions on which are first settings to play with.

Chungofett

Just Joined
Feb 20, 2022
Hi there!

Really interested in how you did your Mezzo conversion. As one of the few who have done this conversion, I would be grateful for any tips/details.

Did you get the q100c motor and then build the wheel or did you buy the q100c wheel kit?

Has the conversion impacted the folding of the bike?

Where did you put the controller and the battery and the PAS and the LCD?

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisers