mirrors

rotary

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 29, 2012
West Lothian,Scotland.
I,m wondering how Davanti got on with fitting the mirror to his new Wisper? I think many handlebar grips come with a plug in the end of them. Presumably, they can be taken out & the mirror arm pushed in & tightened up etc? Mind you, I can't believe it,s that simple. Advice would be much appreciated before I place an order for a mirror of the type suggested.It does look the business.By the way, I have learned a great deal from this forum.I am glad to join. Many thanks.

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
Hi Rotary,
Quite easy to fit.I had to cut a hole in the end of the grip with a stanley type knife and then the expanding wedge goes into the handlebar and it tightens up with an allen key. Very easy. Looks very good when done, and my wife has a new found confidence on the road. Thinking of getting one for my bike

best wishes gray

rotary

Apr 29, 2012
West Lothian,Scotland.
Thanks gray for your very quick response. You have actually touched on the reason for my query.I had noticed an earlier comment which related to the probable need to cut a hole in the end of the bar. I just thought there might be a better way if there was a removable plug in the bar grip end. I realise the surgery is minor but you've got to be brave to approach a new bike with a stanley knife !
Many tks again for your help.
Yours Aye, rotary.

Davanti

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2012
I,m wondering how Davanti got on with fitting the mirror to his new Wisper? I think many handlebar grips come with a plug in the end of them. Presumably, they can be taken out & the mirror arm pushed in & tightened up etc? Mind you, I can't believe it,s that simple. Advice would be much appreciated before I place an order for a mirror of the type suggested.It does look the business.By the way, I have learned a great deal from this forum.I am glad to join. Many thanks.
Hi Rotary ... welcome!

I had similar thoughts ... am i about to decimate rubbery (chinese for lovely) handlebar? No need to worry ... there is a plug in the end of the handlebar and with a little judicious poking with a sharp knife, this can be poked out. The larger of the 2 inserts seems, at first glance, to be the one to use, but it proved to be just a smidgeon too tight; elected to use smaller insert, tried it and hey presto, perfect fit. Tightened the screw ... simples ... if only other items were as well engineered these days ... have never regretted buying and fitting this mirror to my beautiful Wisper! Ride on, Rotary!

Don Davanti :cool:

rotary

Apr 29, 2012
West Lothian,Scotland.
My goodness You are a Star ! Most helpful info. I seem to be chasing about the forum trying to communicate (got a lot o learning to do) and here you are all the time.
Thanks for your help & encouragement. I hope to start pedelecing soon.
Both contributions most useful & appreciated.
Yours Aye, rotary.

Eaglerider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 25, 2011
East Sussex
I have the Mirrycycle on my Eagle. Very pleased with it, works really well and provides a surprisingly good view rearwards.

The previous one I tried was a Halfords one that firstly would not fit inside the bar end, and was complete rubbish anyway as the fitting mechanism snapped off. The Mirrycyle is wonderful and fits in 5 minutes.

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
I bought a Mirrycle (with the discount from Evans) on the strength of the recommendations in this thread, and fitted it yesterday, but, due to the p*ssing rain, have not been able to try it out yet...

Seems pretty good, though.

Last edited:

smudger1956

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2012
West London
I have also fitted a Mirrycycle, to make it as neat as possible, I glued a one pence piece to the end of the grip, then used a Swann Morton #4 handle with a #26 blade and cut round the one pence piece.
A bit over the top....;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I have also fitted a Mirrycycle, to make it as neat as possible, I glued a one pence piece to the end of the grip, then used a Swann Morton #4 handle with a #26 blade and cut round the one pence piece.
A bit over the top....;)
I suppose you could have adopted a "no expense spared" approach and used a 5p piece! :)

Davanti

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 10, 2012
I suppose you could have adopted a "no expense spared" approach and used a 5p piece! :)
What was the old saying, flecc? a Rolls Royce solution to a Ford problem .... ?

Don:cool:

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
A bit over the top....;)
I found that it was sufficent to stick the point of a Stanley knife through the middle of the end of the grip and then just use the inside of the handlebar as a cutting guide. Any slightly ragged edges are hidden by the flange of the mirror mount.

D

Deleted member 4366

Saneagle's just got one of these mirrors from Halfords for about £15, which is the best mirror I've ever seen by far. It's a Zefal Cyclops. You can also get them from other places a bit cheaper, but make sure you get the double-jointed version. I think some are single-jointed. It has slightly convex glass for good viewing, and easily adjusts to any angle. The best thing is that it folds completely out of the way for getting your bike through narrow spaces (door-ways) because of it's double-joints, and when folded out, it sticks out a long way for a clear view past your elbow.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Saneagle's just got one of these mirrors from Halfords for about £15, which is the best mirror I've ever seen by far. It's a Zefal Cyclops. You can also get them from other places a bit cheaper, but make sure you get the double-jointed version. I think some are single-jointed. It has slightly convex glass for good viewing, and easily adjusts to any angle. The best thing is that it folds completely out of the way for getting your bike through narrow spaces (door-ways) because of it's double-joints, and when folded out, it sticks out a long way for a clear view past your elbow.

Dave, could you tell me if this mirror is either of the 2 that are for sale on Amazon at the moment ? One is £10+ and the other £7+ both say they fold but dont mention a double joint.

I wouldnt want to get the wrong one and Im presuming it will fit my Tonaro ?

Lynda :)

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
I could scramble an egg on that floor, at least eighty percent of garages that i've are used as a junk or storage room and I'm talk about houses up in Beverly Hills:p

Mountainsport

Advertisers