Model Identification

Darren8877

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 23, 2020
Right sorry for the constant messages. So I’ve managed to get the second throttle apart without braking it I will add a couple of pictures. Now the magnets in the throttle itself seem to be the same size so it is these I need to change or is it the the pick up in the housing that needs taking out amen fliping over?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Before anything, see if you can scratch an X on one upper face and a + on the other, then add another mark in the top right corner so that you can put the magnet in exactly the same orientation, but in the other position. It's just a matter of prising them out and pressing back in. If they end up loose, add a drop of superglue.

• Informative
Reactions: Nealh

Darren8877

Jun 23, 2020
Before anything, see if you can scratch an X on one upper face and a + on the other, then add another mark in the top right corner so that you can put the magnet in exactly the same orientation, but in the other position. It's just a matter of prising them out and pressing back in. If they end up loose, add a drop of superglue.
I will give that a go. Thank you so much for your time I really do appreciate it

Darren8877

Jun 23, 2020
Problem solved. I done exactly what you said. Marked the magnets and swapped them round. Just put it on and it works a treat. Thank you so so much for all your time and help finally I can stop pulling my hair out. Thank you all very much

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Problem solved. I done exactly what you said. Marked the magnets and swapped them round. Just put it on and it works a treat. Thank you so so much for all your time and help finally I can stop pulling my hair out. Thank you all very much
Thanks for letting us know. before you go, can you confirm that the other three wires are one for each of the LEDs? We need that info to sort out Blueboymax.

Darren8877

Jun 23, 2020
Yes the other 3 wires are for the LED’s, One wire for each light and and also the red ( positive ) wire was used on the Circuit board to power the lights. Hope this helps

Reactions: dr bob

Darren8877

Jun 23, 2020
So yes the other 3 wires do not need to be used as they are only used for the lights on the old throttle to indicate the battery level.

Blueboymax

Jun 4, 2020
Well, the throttle is definitely good. After writing a list of the parts needed and pricing them up, and not being too sure of parts availability in future I have decided to bite the bullet and buy a new bike. I will be looking for recommendations from you good folk if that's ok. I want one that can travel long distances on a single charge with minimum pedalling. I will break this present bike and sell the parts. Is it ok to list them on here? Or would anybody like to buy the full bike for spares/repair? It needs at least rear brake cable, rear tyre, throttle etc.

Advertisers