Motor cutting out.

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
Hi guys, a little help required please.

Twice recently on my Oxygen S-Cross MTB (13Ah) the motor has cut-out whilst climbing a steep hill, even the throttle didn’t work. Only 6 months old and 100 miles on the ODO. The only way to get moving again was to turn it off then switch on again. The hill in question is approx 2 miles from home, about 10% incline for approx ½ mile. Rest of the journey, about 12 miles, a mixture of hilly roads and bridle-paths was trouble-free

When it cuts out, all the LCD info is still visible with no error codes, but on the down tube just above the battery it was quite warm.

The bike’s coding has been set to the upper speed limits on the pedal-assist and throttle, it’s also set to the Power mode and on level 6 when I approach the hill.

On returning home, I checked all the plug connectors, battery connections for burning, brakes levers not sticking, throttle not sticking, PAS and cable not damaged. Everything seems okay.

I’ve searched the forum and checked every response to previous similar faults. Is there something I’m missing?

Would it help to bring the upper speed limit down to 15 or 18 mph rather than the 62 currently set at?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
When it cuts out, all the LCD info is still visible with no error codes, but on the down tube just above the battery it was quite warm.
that's where the controller is.
Check the bullet crimps - they carry high current, if any of them getting loose, their resistance will create heat.

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
I checked under the battery lock shroud, but there aren't any other connections, all the cables go straight into the controller, which was cool by the time I got home.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the black top cover (where the lock is fitted) of the Dorado battery has 2 screws holding it. You need to remove the screws then lift the molding out, the controller box is just behind the plastic cover. The 3 motor phase wires and the two battery wires carry high current. If the bullet crimps on those wires are not loose, then you need to contact support.

Advertisers