my battery is not charging fully

Belen

Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2016
Bristol, uk
Hi there!
I bought a new battery for my cyclamatic powerplus from aliexpress. I had to change the connections because the polarity was the oposite and I did it in the bike instead in the battery.
It was charging very well and very powerful in the beginning, but 2 months ago started not charging fully and it is not so powerful as it was.
It is a 36mah battery so should be very powerfull. I am worried because I bought this last September.
Could anyone help me, please?
Thanks!!!
Belen

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Hi there!
I bought a new battery for my cyclamatic powerplus from aliexpress. I had to change the connections because the polarity was the oposite and I did it in the bike instead in the battery.
It was charging very well and very powerful in the beginning, but 2 months ago started not charging fully and it is not so powerful as it was.
It is a 36mah battery so should be very powerfull. I am worried because I bought this last September.
Thanks!!!
Belen
Cheapest and easiest start, is to leave it charging on the charger for a few days. This may rule out the possibility of any unbalanced cells, causing the pack to not perform as well as it should.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Hi there!
Thanks!!!
Belen
Assume it's a mistype, but a 36mah battery would not get you far. A 36amphr 36v one would be very big

D

Deleted member 4366

Leaving it on charge helps to balance it, since the balamcing only happens at the end of the charge cycle, and it's pretty slow. You can get a good idea of how well balanced it is by charging it until the charger goes green, then disconnect the charger and measure the battery's voltage either on the bottom terminals or charge connector. Measure the actual voltage on your charger's connector for comparison. they should be the same. The more the difference, the worse the balance. tell us what the two voltages are, then we can guide you what to do.

Belen

Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2016
Bristol, uk
Leaving it on charge helps to balance it, since the balamcing only happens at the end of the charge cycle, and it's pretty slow. You can get a good idea of how well balanced it is by charging it until the charger goes green, then disconnect the charger and measure the battery's voltage either on the bottom terminals or charge connector. Measure the actual voltage on your charger's connector for comparison. they should be the same. The more the difference, the worse the balance. tell us what the two voltages are, then we can guide you what to do.

Hi, sorry that I did not answered.
the battery apparently has died, it was working lower than the beginning and finally does not charge any more, after I left it for a while without charging.

I will check this after changing it again, but no hope...
Thanks

Advertisers