New battery City Thunder bike

Markfor

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 28, 2011
A new battery costs £400!
Is there any cheaper alternative? Could I recell battery?

D

Deleted member 4366

Please make it easy for us. Show us clear photos from all directions including underneath.It looks like a standard silver fish battery, which you can get for less than £200, but I need photos to confirm.

You can re-cell it if you buy a standard silver fish battery and swap the entire contents, which is cheaper and easier than buying the individual cells.

Markfor

Jul 28, 2011
Please make it easy for us. Show us clear photos from all directions including underneath.It looks like a standard silver fish battery, which you can get for less than £200, but I need photos to confirm.

You can re-cell it if you buy a standard silver fish battery and swap the entire contents, which is cheaper and easier than buying the individual cells.

http://www.poweredbicycles.co.uk/details.asp?ID=514

Markfor

Jul 28, 2011
Any more advice on this? Battery fits behind seat post 36 v 10 amp
What are Polymer batteries?

D

Deleted member 4366

Batteries with that case are hard to find. You might get lucky if you have a long trawl through Aliexpress. The cell-pack from a standard silver fish battery, just fits in that case. If you can solder, you can swap the cell-packs. Other than that, you can use any battery. You just remove the plate under your battery abd run the wires through the hole to your controller.

Advertisers