New Bike Questions

D

Deleted member 4366

Looks OK to me. Your 24v controller will most likely work with it, but it won't cut off when the battery is at minimum, neither will any battery indicator lights go off as the battery goes down, so you need to think about how you'll nanage that. It's no problem if you get a 36v controller too.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Good Morning

Would this one be any good?

Marc
Samsung 26F or J (5.2a rated) cells in a 10S 4P config.
If you don't derestrict and only use a max 15a controller
and look after the battery, then with regular use it should be good for 18mths - 2 years before capacity/range may decrease (10-20%). Range variable 30 miles or so likely to be feasible.
Don't leave it fully charged when not in use, between 3.7 - 3.9 is better and fully charge up night before use, keep in a cool cold environment (not below freezing) and move to warmer ambient temp to charge.

The end voltage 28v is to low so if this is the LVC end voltage then as d8veh has mentioned you will need to monitor the level and stop discharge at around 34v for a 36v battery. You can go lower but lower discharge levels will stress the cells and reduce the capacity quicker.

Last edited:

Marc8

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 25, 2018
Blackpool
Good Morning,

That looks all too technical for me :)

If i was to get one of the batteries that d8veh listed, would the installation be as complicated?

Many thanks
MArc

D

Deleted member 4366

Whatever change you make, you'll need to use a voltmeter and do a bit of soldering and wiring. If you don't have those basic skills, you're a bit stuck.

Marc8

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 25, 2018
Blackpool
Hi d8veh

Thank you for that, i am able to solder ect, its when you get into the config ect that i get a bit lost.

D

Deleted member 4366

The only thing left is to choose what you want to do then. There's plenty of options listed above. As I said, you can fit any battery you want - 24v or 36v.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hi d8veh

Thank you for that, i am able to solder ect, its when you get into the config ect that i get a bit lost.
Battery configuration is quite easy.
24v = 7 cells in series.
36v = 10 cells in series.
48v = 13 cells in series.

An example 10s 4p;
A cell of 2500mah = 2.5ah and is nominally 3.6v per cell, 4 cells are joined in parallel to give a battery capacity of 10000mah/10ah this = one cell string/group.
Then for a 36v battery there are 10 of these parallel strings/groups joined in series, the ah remains the same as per one string and are not accumulative however the series strings are accumulative to gain the voltage required.

Advertisers