New motor for Oxygen e-mate 2010

pteron

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 18, 2014
Hi all, my first post!

I've just been given a 2010 oxygen e-mate but with a non working motor - the gears appear to be stripped. What's the best option to sort this? Would a new motor from oxygen be best or are there aftermarket options that would be better? Has the motor technology improved significantly and can I benefit from it?

Appreciate all advice,

Andy

D

Deleted member 4366

There's two motors. They changed to Dapu in 2012, I think. If you want to be sure, post a photo of it. If it's not the Dapu, it'll probably have the standard clutch and gears, which are cheap and easy to get.

You should dismantle it first to see how many teeth on the gears, as there's 28T and 36T.

A complete replacement motor is about £100.

pteron

Jul 18, 2014
Thanks for the reply - here is a pic of the hub... is it enough to ID the motor?

photo 4.JPG

Are you saying I could replace just the gears/clutch?

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
It is 8fun SWXH motor.

You can get the same one or what d8veh suggested

Pat

D

Deleted member 4366

If it has 8Fun written in the casting, it's a Bafang, so you're home and dry. I can't see what version. I need photos from the sides.
You can replace only the gears, or the complete gear and clutch assembly that doesn't cost much more.

pteron

Jul 18, 2014
That's really helpful, thanks. Can you point me to a supplier for the gears? Is it worth pre-emptively changing the clutch?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

You might as well change the clutch. It saves a lot of messing about.

You can get the whole assembly from Hatti at Woosh Bikes, or if she doesn't have them, from Greenbikekit.com.

Before ordering, you must open your motor fir two reasons: 1. To make sure that you can get it apart. 2. To count the number of teeth on the gears.

Advertisers