New owner

Wisper37

Just Joined
Feb 3, 2012
I have just become the owner of a Wisper 905 eco. I have bought this secondhand and it is approx 15 months old. Please could anyone tell me if it is poosible to have the remainder of the warranty transferred to my name. I am absolutely thrilled with the bike, it has obviously been well looked after. Thank you.

jasono

Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2009
Leicestershire
Hi, pleased to hear you are enjoying the bike. Wispers are excellent bikes, very well built and great customer service. You should be able to transfer the warranty and I would suggest having a look at the Wisper website.
Enjoy the bike!

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Wisper37,

Thanks for investing in a Wisper, second hand Wispers are very often a great way to buy a quality bike at a more affordable price.

Strictly speaking you can only extend the warranty if you have conformed to the conditions published on our webpages.

However if you have a problem please let me know and I will see if we can help.

Best regards

David:)

Wisper37

Just Joined
Feb 3, 2012
Thank you both for your replies. At present I have a back problem and it has been great to get out and about again, enjoyed a 15 mile ride this week with no problems.

We had done some research prior to buying and looked at new bikes but had the opportunity to buy this one. After viewing/testing and speaking to the owner about its history/maintenance we went ahead. It was purchased around October 2010 from Atmosphere Bikes. There appear to be no problems with it and am going to have it serviced by them shortly.

I have looked at the Wisper website and the terms of transfer of the warranty. As I have not purchased via a Wisper dealer does this mean that I cannot transfer the remainder of the warranty? Many thanks for your help.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Wisper37,

Strictly speaking no, the warranty only can be transfered if the bike was serviced and sold to you by a Wisper dealer. We insist on this to make certain the bike had not been abused and the battery in particular had been looked after before you bought it.

However, we get very few problems and you do have an issue that would normally have been covered by our warrant please let me know and we will most likely be able to help you.

Please don't worry.

Best regards

David

Wisper37

Just Joined
Feb 3, 2012
Thank you David, that is very reassuring. Hopefully I will have no problems. Obviously buying second hand is a risk that you take and the battery was our biggest concern. It seems to be holding out well at the moment, shall test it with some longer journeys in the next few weeks.

Roblouis

Just Joined
Mar 21, 2013
Hi
I too bought my bike, a Wisper 905Se second-hand, although it was less than two weeks old when I bought it. This was in 2009 and I have enjoyed using it ever since, although it hasn't had a great deal of use as I spend quite a bit of time abroad.
I've never had any problems at all with it but recently noticed a split in the rear tyre so thought I'd take the opportunity to get it professionally repaired and have a service at the same time.
I found the address of my local Wisper service centre and gave them a ring. I was told that they only service bikes which have been purchased from themselves. That makes things a bit tricky for me as my bike was bought from a dealer in London and I live in Leicester.
Although the chap was quite helpful in recommending an ordinary cycle shop in the city centre, I would have preferred a Wisper dealer to service it.
However I'll book it in next week and hope for the best.

Regards roblouis

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Roblouis,

Unfortunately that is often the case, dealers are more than happy to look after bikes they have supplied but with older bikes they would prefer people to go back to their supplier. Hence us recommending that Wispers are bought from local Wisper centers.

Of course Wisper Support is always available to you, see details in my signature area.

With basic bike issues, most cycle shops will be happy to take your money!!

All the best, if I can be of any further assistance please drop me a line.

David

Roblouis

Just Joined
Mar 21, 2013
Hi David
Thank you for your reply. It's reassuring having Wisper Support should any issues occur and also to pick the brains of users of this forum.

Regards roblouis

Advertisers