Noisy motor on a new 905

Pharisee

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 9, 2011
Hi,
I recently took delivery of a new Wisper 905e City S. I was surprised at just how noisy the motor is. As I start to pedal and the motor cuts it, it seems to go through a 'resonant' phase when it quite literally screams at you. As the road speed increases the noise dies away to a steady whine but even that is significantly louder than the motor on my Powacycle Salisbury. Is this normal for a Wisper motor or is it something I should be concerned about?
Many thanks
]ohn

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi John

That sounds odd. The bikes are usually quite quiet. Where are you based and who did you buy the bike from, I will look into it for you.

If we need to swap it out of course we would be happy to do so.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience.

Best regards

David

Pharisee

May 9, 2011
I live in Luton, Bedfordshire and the bike was supplied by The Electric Transport Shop in Cambridge. It was ordered 26/04/2011 and delivered 04/05/2011.

Hi John

That sounds odd. The bikes are usually quite quiet. Where are you based and who did you buy the bike from, I will look into it for you.

If we need to swap it out of course we would be happy to do so.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience.

Best regards

David

Pharisee

May 9, 2011
Hi David,
Having got some idea of the noise the motor sometimes make, would it be better not to ride the bike again until the problem's sorted?

Regards
John

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi John, I have spoken to Steve at Wisper Support, Steve feels the problem may simply be a bad connection. Please would you call him on 07799794520 and he will talk you through it.

All the best

David

Advertisers