Off-road switch

paulmj21

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 9, 2011
Hello I'm new to the forum.
I've just a bought a new wisper 905 City S, (which hasn't arrived yet) the reason I had chosen this bike was because of its off-road capability. Anyway I found out that Wisper no longer has the hard switch supplied, and that this has to be done manually. Can you buy an alternative switch that will do the job. I hope to be 'on' and 'off' road on a regular basis.

Thanks.

Paul

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
As I understand it, its a simple case of joining two wires so if you are handy a bit of DIY should be able to give you the function you need. Ebay seller E-Crazyman can supply a generic handle bar mounted switch I think although he does not always list them so drop him a message and he should advise.

Straylight

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2009
Inside the front connector box, there is a loop of wire that joins one side of a connector to the other. Remove this, and your bike will be de-restricted, as NRG says, this can be easily sent via a generic switch to make it selectable at will.

Unless the new models come with their new flange type front connection system, in which case perhaps the loop is at the controller.

Last edited:

Laura

Pedelecer
Feb 27, 2011
On new models the loop is located in the controller box just under battery. just remove the little white loop. it can also be plugged in again easily to abide by law.

Advertisers