Oxygen e mate fault code

abbott013

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 5, 2015
Hi.
I have two problems with my Oxygen E Mate. First of is the sensor plate moves, when on holiday it moved so much that power was very intermittent, are there any solutions to this.
And just been riding the bike home up a very steep hill when the power cut completely with the display showing the number 36 and a spanner symbol.
Please any help would be most welcome

D

Deleted member 4366

Show us a picture of your LCD. There's lots of different ones.

For the pedal sensor, am I right that it's the magnet disc that's loose, not the actual sensor?

If it's the magnet disc, cut a rubber washer the right thickness from an old handlebar grip and put it between the crank and the disc so that it holds the disc nearer the sensor.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

abbott013

Aug 5, 2015
update,
pick up sensor plate is fine, the design will allow it to move if going over bumpy ground. Its only happened once so if it becomes a regular problem I will have to buy a new one or add some sealant of some description to stop it moving.
the fault code problem, I have had a look at all the connector blocks, making sure they haven't come apart, no more fault code power restored, but my speedometer has stopped working, good grief

abbott013

Aug 5, 2015
Show us a picture of your LCD. There's lots of different ones.

For the pedal sensor, am I right that it's the magnet disc that's loose, not the actual sensor?

If it's the magnet disc, cut a rubber washer the right thickness from an old handlebar grip and put it between the crank and the disc so that it holds the disc nearer the sensor.
Great idea on the disc sensor..

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Check your speed sensor hook up and the wheel magnet alignment also check the lcd connection for bent pin. I have the same lcd with my Oxydrive kit there is no setting that turns the mph on or off.

abbott013

Aug 5, 2015

The large blue wire was found to have a loose connector but if you look hard it has started to burn out, it had stuck to the small white cable on the multi block connector.
The large green yellow and blue cables and the multi block connector all feed the rear wheel motor.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The large B/Y/G are the motor phases the small block the halls, the white one is the speed sensing one check the pin connector are they fused or melted. Could be a bad connection or broken wire.

D

Deleted member 4366

Those blue connectors are not original. All the ones I've seen on Oxygen controllers are translucent green. There were several different versions of the controller as well as the displays. Is that connector with the white wire from the LCD or the motor?

abbott013

Aug 5, 2015
The large B/Y/G are the motor phases the small block the halls, the white one is the speed sensing one check the pin connector are they fused or melted. Could be a bad connection or broken wire.
Hi Neal
thank you for your help , if the small white cable in the multi block connector is the speed sensing wire then that makes sense seeing as the large blue cable sheathing was fused to the small white cable sheathing. bit late now so will check it out tomorrow. I will let you know

abbott013

Aug 5, 2015
Those blue connectors are not original. All the ones I've seen on Oxygen controllers are translucent green. There were several different versions of the controller as well as the displays. Is that connector with the white wire from the LCD or the motor?
Hi,
the bike is how I purchased it, I would have thought they might have used a better connector on those large cables. especially as one of them wasn't making a good connection.

abbott013

Aug 5, 2015
an up date to this thread. because the blue cable coming out of the controller was heat damaged,( turned out just the cables insulation was damaged ) I have bought and fitted a new controller. The speedo and milometer still not registering. good grief.

Advertisers