PAS level and power level?

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
Hi guys. I have Googled this. But none the wiser. I have eco normal and power settings on my ebike. Plus PAS level 1-6. I'm not the brightest tool in the box unfortunately. Could someone explain the difference between the way assistance works differently between those levels. Eg power normal and PAS 3. Compared to power eco and PAS 6. Is their a point where you will get the same assist at different combinations. Or is the power setting more torque or something? Hope thus makes some sense.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I have similar on my Oxydrive cst.
My power settings are 1,2 & 3 with 6 assists on all.
Each power setting is a torque setting, I haven't used 3 but have tried it at 2 and mine growls when in assist 5 and 6. The extra power delivery can be felt and is noticeable, the acceleration is improved but range diminishes. For my riding though level 1 and assist 4 or 5 is all I need for 18[20 mph on the flat.
Though I should take it out locally and see how far I will get in level 3 with higher assist levels.

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
Thanks. That's helped. Due to being 17 stone and riding off road in wet and mud I'm mostly using hi power. However as I've got a but fitter I now knock the PAS down to 3 or 4 most of the time. I have the 13ah battery. I've done about 15 miles in full power and assist in mud grass and hills. And some towing of my lad. And have never gone below 3 bars left out of 5.

D

Deleted member 4366

The Pas levels are speed limits. You will find that the power is the same on each of them, but the maximum speed is goes up with each level. Eco, normal and power are the power levels, i.e. the current taken from the battery - something like 5 amps, 10 amps and 15 amps.

When you change from eco up to normal and power, the power increases, but the maximum speed remains the same, regulated by the PAS level. So, to sustain maximum speed, you need level 6 on power setting. If you use eco and level 6, it probably won't have enough power to reach the maximum speed allowed by the PAS unless you're going downhill.

Maximum speed is something like 25mph to 28 mph when derestricted, assuming that it's an Oxygen bike or kit.

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
. I see. Thanks. But when I'm in Power setting and drop power assist to 1 or 2 you really notice right from first pedal, that your in a lower Pas. it reverts to Pas 1 each shut off. So then I stick up to 6 and the giant hand is pushing you along from the off. So I'm guessing there's a power difference in the PAS at least on mine.

Tugwell Gibson

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 30, 2016
London
Ah. I get what you mean now Dave.Told you I was thick. I was completly underestimating how fast you go from first peddle. If I'm on power setting. Highest . And PAS 1 it seems like there is hardly any assist as it cuts out so soon because of the lower speed setting.

Advertisers