Pas sensor help please. No power arghhhhh

appaddy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 29, 2018
Gloucester
hi all,

My pas sensor is constantly lit red. Could this be the reason I have no power to my motor. All connections are tight and fully connected. Recently replaced old e kit but tried to save on the pas sensor. I was also wondering if it could be the pas settings currently
1 =87
2 = 1
3 = 1
4 = 0
5 = 0

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Wiring order is wrong and you have a wrong wire sequence with the connection.
You can't rely on the sequence being in the right order or rely on like for like colour, on both sides you need to identify 5v, Gnd & signal and connect 3 pairs correctly 5v to 5v, Gnd to Gnd & sig to sig.

You will need to refer to the original kits controller to ID the pas wiring order and the new controllers pas wire order.

Or show us a pic of the old and new controllers pas wiring/connector.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
With any ebike electrics you have to identify all wire sequence/order before connecting if mixing and matching.

For instance Julet & Higo waterproof connectors are 100% compatible except the pins wire sequence is different, it's the same with any other matching connector like the commonly used SM type.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

appaddy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 29, 2018
Gloucester
So how do I remedy this. When I do not use the lcd display and have the control wire Green capped instead I get full power to the motor the motor spins without input from the throttle or pedals and this is obviously wrong. I get the same result with and without the pass sensor being attached to the control box. As soon as I connect the lcd I get no power at all.

Is the simple answer. Just by a compatible pas sensor or pas end cap and all problems will end. Please not much sarcasm if you can. I’ve had a very frustrating few days and I am not an electrician so all this stuff is a bit new.

D

Deleted member 4366

Yes, We're getting as frustrated as you are. All you need to do is connect the right wires together. That's the right wires, not the right connectors. As far as we can understand from your description, you have the wires in the wrong place in one or more connector/s.

To confirm and remedy the situation, you need to show a photo of every wire and every connector, otherwise we don't know what you've done.

Advertisers