Pear tune

jkz580

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 18, 2016
WI
Hi Steve,

I've got it installed on my Haibike with the Yamaha motor. I've been using it for several months now and it works great. It was very easy to install.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 4366

Hi Steve,

I've got it installed on my Haibike with the Yamaha motor. I've been using it for several months now and it works great. It was very easy to install.

I think you mean that you know somebody with it fitted to a Haibike and he tells you that it works great.

• :D
Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

STEVEMANFA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Forest of Dean
Thanks for the info jkz, any probs with the display and do you turn it on and off with the light switch?

jkz580

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 18, 2016
WI
The display works normally. It reads the correct speed. Yes, it turns on/off with the light switch.

D

Deleted member 4366

Dave it's not for me it's for a mate, wink wink.
We had one forum member who boasted on the forum about his go-faster dongle. Then, when he needed a warranty repair, the dealer, who reads the forum, told him that he had invalidated the warranty with the dongle.

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
been asking that since i joined he will not reply to the question as no other dealer will honer the warranty if a dongle has been fitted.

tho as the dealer cant tell if one has been used or not its best not to post on here that you have one ;)

tho at the end off the day you are just using the motor as it was designed for.

i have never had a problem motor or batt wise.

• Informative

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it will be his dongle you will have to fit tho and there 150 quid i doubt he will let you keep the warranty and fit a 3rd party one.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
he might not also let you fit it and then that gets expensive with the trip to the shop as well.

tho it is simple enough to do it ur self just see what he says ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its up to you tbh but i doubt you will have any problems easy option is a badd ass dongle like i have that just slides over the sensor.

that way you dont even need to open the motor case just the speed will be half on the lcd.

these days i dont even bother to look at it tbh.

the difference with a dongle is night and day it will be like a different bike ;)

• Informative

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
I have that dongle fitted by Martin, very happy no issues (touch wood). i suspect Martin would simply remove dongle and claim against Bosch as they won't know. Other option, you just remove it if you need to claim against Bosch.
Either way dongle i have assist's to 31mph, but now hearing of some dongles that assist into +40mph?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the asa dongles remove the limit completely there is no cut off.

• Informative

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Sorry, when i mean safe. I'm reasonably sensible on bike knowing what speed i can go and where, also my bikes brakes etc can handle +25mph, but +40 hmmmmm

• Agree

Advertisers