Perry Shopper controller availability

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes if the colours look correct the Br/Blk/ Red is the controller PAS line.
Which pas disc/sensor are you using , it may be that the C1 setting is incorrect.

Make sure the motor cable is 100% fully home and up to the embossed mark on the motor side of the cable.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
As I said earlier. It's very unl8kely that your controller was faulty. You need to check the motor cable with a meter.

Is your LCD switching on and showing everything correctly on it?

Hedgesteeper

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2016
somerset
Yes if the colours look correct the Br/Blk/ Red is the controller PAS line.
Which pas disc/sensor are you using , it may be that the C1 setting is incorrect.

Make sure the motor cable is 100% fully home and up to the embossed mark on the motor side of the cable.
The PAS sensor is the original equipment one. The motor connection is very firmly together. Hall effect sensors will be tested on the multimeter when I can get around to it.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The PAS sensor is the original equipment one. The motor connection is very firmly together. Hall effect sensors will be tested on the multimeter when I can get around to it.
You can do a quick test by shorting the red 5v to the white signal wire in the throttle connector. Obviously do it with the wheel off the ground.If it responds with that, you know the pedal sensor arrangement is faulty. Did you try pedalling backwards?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That's a good point about peddalling back wards, as the sensor may work in reverse with a new different controller. If the motors does work on the back pedal simply reverse the magnet disc face.

Hedgesteeper

Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2016
somerset
You can do a quick test by shorting the red 5v to the white signal wire in the throttle connector. Obviously do it with the wheel off the ground.If it responds with that, you know the pedal sensor arrangement is faulty. Did you try pedalling backwards?
I tried pedalling backwards too but it didn't work. I will try shorting the red to white as suggested. Cheers for now.

Advertisers