powerbyke x24 mk1

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
If you are comfortable with using a volt-meter, you could check the battery is supplying full voltage. If that's fine, then there's some checks you can do on the controller. I'm at work at mo, so no access to my laptop which has info on it, but I'm sure d8veh can help out here.

stan

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2013
hartlepool
If you are comfortable with using a volt-meter, you could check the battery is supplying full voltage. If that's fine, then there's some checks you can do on the controller. I'm at work at mo, so no access to my laptop which has info on it, but I'm sure d8veh can help out here.
its a new battery

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
grandson tested battery said its ok
Good. If the battery is removable, then clean all the electrical contacts on the battery and bike docking station, with some contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I'm not familiar with the Powabyke X24, but if it's like the one in the picture, I would check any connectors to the controller for damage/security/cleanliness.

Also, it looks like you have a quick disconnect link going to the front wheel, check that also.

Someone mentioned in a post long ago, that the key switches can go a bit dodgy on these bikes. Might be worth looking in that area too. Would require the controller box to be opened up.

Can't quite see, do these bikes have some sort of display on the handlebars, and if so, is that where you are seeing the power lights come on?

X24.JPG

stan

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2013
hartlepool
I'm not familiar with the Powabyke X24, but if it's like the one in the picture, I would check any connectors to the controller for damage/security/cleanliness.

Also, it looks like you have a quick disconnect link going to the front wheel, check that also.

Someone mentioned in a post long ago, that the key switches can go a bit dodgy on these bikes. Might be worth looking in that area too. Would require the controller box to be opened up.

Can't quite see, do these bikes have some sort of display on the handlebars, and if so, is that where you are seeing the power lights come on?

View attachment 17351
yes that's my bike will get someone to check it all.light display on handlebars

D

Deleted member 4366

We need a bit more info. How, when, what happened when it stopped working? Did it stop after it fell in the canal, after it was struck by lightning or what?

• :D
Reactions: Croxden

stan

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2013
hartlepool
We need a bit more info. How, when, what happened when it stopped working? Did it stop after it fell in the cbanal, after it was struck by lightning or what?
bike was working ok go it out next day all power lights on no power.purchased new throttle still no working

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
How sure are you that the bike doesn't have a brake cut-off switch?
Is there an extra cable exiting either of the brake lever units?

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
To be honest, the reviews I've read about this bike haven't been favourable from a reliability point of view. Battery, controller, power failures, spokes, to name but a few.

You've ruled out the battery so far, so maybe a duff controller!

stan

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2013
hartlepool
+
To be honest, the reviews I've read about this bike haven't been favourable from a reliability point of view. Battery, controller, power failures, spokes, to name but a few.

You've ruled out the battery so far, so maybe a duff controller!
had this bike 5 years with hardly any problems maybe time for a new one

Advertisers