Problem with Yamaha Haibike

Airtime

Just Joined
Sep 6, 2017
Reading
Hi Guys

I would really appreciate any suggestion to the cause of an issue we are having with my wife's new Haibike Yamaha Hardseven.

As I mentioned the bike is new (less than 200 miles) and has been very well looked after.

After riding approx. 10-15 miles the powertrain develops a click (sometimes double click) from the motor area as the RH crank passes over roughly 12 o'clock. Obviously this is very annoying and we are worried it may be a symptom of an impending failure. We intended to use the bike on a imminent touring holiday along the south coast but this has now had to be put on hold.

The bike has been returned to the dealers who thought the issue might be related to a gear selection problem and after checking the transmission and adjusting the b screw they handed the bike back. Disappointingly, a test ride showed this not to be the case.

The chain has been measured for wear and there is no detectable play in any of the crack/pedal assemblies. I haven't checked my wife's right knee for play as she wont let me until I get her beloved bike fixed!

I have linked to a Youtube video below that hopefully demonstrates the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIJflBJu1N3sbTgy6elisOA?view_as=subscriber

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Gary

Last edited:

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
After riding approx. 10-15 miles the powertrain develops a click
Clicks and creaks are buggers to sometimes accurately locate. What seems to be in the crank area can sometimes be in the stem, or seat and vice versa.
First thing - are you 100% positive it is actually somewhere in the motor region?

Airtime

Just Joined
Sep 6, 2017
Reading
Clicks and creaks are buggers to sometimes accurately locate. What seems to be in the crank area can sometimes be in the stem, or seat and vice versa.
First thing - are you 100% positive it is actually somewhere in the motor region?
Hi Joe, thanks for the reply.

I forgot to mention, the click(s) goes away when the level of motor assist is switched to OFF.

Gary

Advertisers