Rclass ebike helmets

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
now what would you go for a normal bike helmet/ full face or something more like a motox helmet?

i have this atm but i cant see it being much good going over 30mph.
upload_2017-7-23_22-54-49.png

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

robpenn

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 19, 2017
London
If weight and lack of ventilation are not a big concern, a full face helmet is a nice choice.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it just seems there is only 1 helmet that can take low speed and high speed impacts as most dh helmets say not for use on a motor bike yet with a dongle that is what it is as if a car hit me head on then that is 60mph and the helmet i have is not meant for that sort of impact, just seems strange there is no ebike helmets out there or classed as one anyway?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
just seems strange there is no ebike helmets out there or classed as one anyway?
The largest western market for e-bikes is in mainland European countries like The Netherlands where cyclists don't wear helmets. And in the USA they often don't even bother with helmets on motorbikes.

So the sales prospects aren't good enough for a manufacturer to bother with producing a special for e-bikes. Some e-bikers feel a good choice for better protection are ski helmets.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
The largest western market for e-bikes is in mainland European countries like The Netherlands where cyclists don't wear helmets. And in the USA they often don't even bother with helmets on motorbikes.
SWMBO went to visit her friend in the Netherlands last year and they were out cycling and spotted some other cyclists "Oh look, Germans!" her friend said, they were of course all wearing helmets... I think that they don't wear MB helmets in the US because as they don't have health coverage, it is better to just die outright in an accident than to be injured :rolleyes:. Don't they have insects in the US? I can remember the state of my visor when I did +200 km runs on my MB.

The new s-pedelec helmets are on their way SW but they are not full face. They are light enough and airy enough to enable pedaling. No word in France about modifying the helmet law for s-pedelecs, maybe it is on the agenda of M. Hulot? One of the presidential candidates actually had "relax laws to encourage experimentation in sustainable individual transport" on her/his manifesto. One of the candidates that got less than 5% of the vote in the first round... There would be an explosion of s-pedelec sales and use in France if there was a reasonable helmet law (a smaller number plate might help too). Motorbike helmets killed the Motobecane and other Mobylettes.

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think that they don't wear MB helmets in the US because as they don't have health coverage, it is better to just die outright in an accident than to be injured :rolleyes:. Don't they have insects in the US?
They ride their Harley-Davidsons at showing off speeds, too slow to kill insects. :)

• :D
Reactions: anotherkiwi

Advertisers