replacing brake pads

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

do i just undo that bolt and just remove them for new pads, looks like i got near nothing on the back one.

D

Deleted member 4366

Loosen that black bolt, then remove the two bolts that hold the caloper on. Remove the caliper from the disc, then undo that black bolt to let the pads out. Is that a motorbike caliper?

Reactions: soundwave

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Is that a motorbike caliper?

no its on my haibike ;) might as well be tho its eating them.

seen a few vids looks easy enough tho will any make fit these?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my bikes rrp is 5500 :eek:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
lol they were 1000 a set last year ;)

ill just order those pads from cr on monday 22 quid not bad front and back.

got 400 miles out of them so best replace them now.

Lumos

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2015
Remember to pull out the spring clip before you undo the black bolt. Even though you will get a new clip and bolt in the Avid X0 pack try and keep them in case you lose one. Remember to prise the old pads apart before you remove them so that there is enough room for the new ones. The bolt is refitted with a very low torque and the spring clip stops it turning. I have the same bike as you (AMT Pro) and they can get through the organic pads quickly esp in rain and mud. On the back of my UK AMT Pro the rear caliber is sticky and even if I push it in it tends to bind. It needs some manipulation to get it free. It is not essential but I highly recommend that you remove the wheel before changing pads, you do not want to be levering against the disc.

I use either the Park Tool disc spreader or a large screwdriver wrapped in cardboard but the manual says to use a screwdriver in between the old pads to fully return the callipers.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i ordered the Sintered ones as had no organic in stock ;( see how long these last, im just going to take the callipers off and do it that way as looks easy enough and use a screwdriver to reset the pistons for the new pads.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i found this in the box, is it for the brakes?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That is a spacer to be inserted between the pads in case you unbolt the caliper, stops the pistons form being fully extended and damaging any seals.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
well got the new pads and fitted them took about 5 mins thats all and was easy to get mine in and out.

not sure why i have Alan key bolts on front and star bolts on the back ?

done 20 odd miles and there fine.

only thing is they squeak like a mouse when i brake:rolleyes:

Bigdaddyuk666

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2015
Leicestershire
May of had a small amount of contamination from oils or just need bedding in a bit I'm just waiting for a set of pads to arrive as I had a major foul up with mine

Advertisers