Rose bikes?

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Have Rose stopped doing e-bikes? I had a mail from them this morning telling of the post free offers and looked for the bikes. All gone. So if e-bikes sales are up, why have Rose discontinued them?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Have Rose stopped doing e-bikes? I had a mail from them this morning telling of the post free offers and looked for the bikes. All gone. So if e-bikes sales are up, why have Rose discontinued them?
I don't know about the Rose brand, but effectively e-bike sales are well down.

The total number sold each year has been gradually increasing, but not by a large degree. But the number of brands and suppliers has greatly increased over the same years meaning reductions for many of those brands. No-one is getting rich selling them and some are still putting more into the business than what they are getting out. In that environment some will go broke.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
are you saying that we'll see more big names pulling out in 2014?

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
An ebike link has reappeared on the Rose website, although it links to a page which was blank just now.

They might have stopped selling ebikes, but it's 2014 model time, so I expect they are tinkering with the range.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No, mostly in the past the many failures have started from the smallest and risen into larger regions. That said, even the very long established Powabyke went broke and had to be rescued, so anything is possible.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
This is what I still get.Rose page.jpg

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Here you are Croxden. Below is a link to the German parent company's e-bike site. At the top right of that page you'll see the small word "contact". Click that and on the left hand side of the page that opens you'll see a link "English speaking contact. Click that and top of the page is the UK company contact Fin with his photo, email address and phone number:

E-bikes - Rose Versand bike shop MTB mountain bike road bike trekking bike triathlon bike mail order company, e-bikes

This UK website address works ok, www.rosebikes.co.uk , but they appear to have stopped supplying e-bikes, sticking to normal bikes only. This may support what I said about reducing sales share.

Last edited:

Growbag

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2013
Torbay, Devon
I hope this is not the case, but I think with people uncertain about jobs and tightening their belts some are unwilling to splash out on an ebike. This coupled with increased popularity of ordinary cycling might make some manufacturers consider pulling out. Having said that I have noticed a few more ebikes in the Torbay area.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Thanks flecc, it was the Xtra 500 that took my interest but they never restocked in the frame size I wanted hence my choice of the MX. I had toyed with having both just to spoil myself. Something else will pop up.

Advertisers