Rubbing rear wheel

shaun wyatt

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 28, 2017
Bath
Hi, I have a 48v 1000w panda ebike kit. I have started to notice a rubbing noise from the rear wheel which sounds like brake rub.I have remove the rear mud guard and checked the brakes for binding checked the frame for cracks and tightened everything up.if I lift the rear wheel up there is no noise but sat on it even free wheeling the noise is there

Hope someone can help

Shaun

shaun wyatt

Nov 28, 2017
Bath
Thanks vfr400, yes checked that, i have turned the bike upside down and spun the wheel with no problems and spokes are tight. i'm wondering if it is coming from the motor. Apart from the rubbing sound the bike runs as it should.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If disc brakes fitted fitted check the rotor fixings aren't too long, some hubs don't have blind holes so the bolts can rub/catch on the internals.
Sometimes the rotor may be catching on the calliper but this is often a ticking noise, also check the actual calliper attachment as it may be that which is rubbing on the rotor.

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
Try moving the wheel side-to-side at the top to check for any play in the bearings.

shaun wyatt

Nov 28, 2017
Bath
Hi awol, no movement on the wheel at all , if i pick the back of the bike up and spin the wheel there is no noise but if i am on it and even free wheeling the noise is there

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Show some clear pics of the of the wheel installation and bike itself.
The issue only occurring under load of rider weight ?
Check the frame hasn't cracked anywhere the drop outs, BB welds and the rear stays/frame. D/D hubs if not fitted very well will crack dropouts.

Advertisers