Saddle prostrate problems

10JP

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2015
I though I would post this to see if anyone has had problems with their prostrate through cycling and their saddle or riding position, I have to have a test for PSA levels and was told not to cycle in the meantime, when I came home and googled it there were loads of info about it especially in older men and their are even special saddles for it, Iv'e cycled over 4000 miles the last couple of years... wish I had known this before!

• Informative
Reactions: EddiePJ

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
For a completely different reason than yours I had the need to try/test out quite a lot of saddles a few years ago and ended up with an ISM saddle for both my Giant Defy and Giant Full E +1.

Checkout their website (USA), be sure to read all the option tabs first they have many versions, and beware if buying one from auction sites - Google 'how to detect fake ism saddles' - if possible find a local supplier and ask if you can test ride one.
They may look odd but it's your butt we're looking after!
Good luck.

• Informative
Reactions: 10JP

10JP

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2015
For a completely different reason than yours I had the need to try/test out quite a lot of saddles a few years ago and ended up with an ISM saddle for both my Giant Defy and Giant Full E +1.

Checkout their website (USA), be sure to read all the option tabs first they have many versions, and beware if buying one from auction sites - Google 'how to detect fake ism saddles' - if possible find a local supplier and ask if you can test ride one.
They may look odd but it's your butt we're looking after!
Good luck.
Thats great info, thanks, are the ISM saddles very comfortable

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
Mine are, compared to the original saddles factory fitted. They're the Prologue 60 version. It's in the Product Archive section ... https://www.ismseat.com/saddle/adamo-prologue
A lot of the comfort comes from the amount of padding, which ranges from 15 to 65 in the 'comfort' levels, see the chart.

I'm 5'9", 60 Kg, slim with a boney a***!
Just bought an Oxygen MTB and due to weather and health not been able to ride it yet although during a test ride at Oxygen, Rotherham in filthy conditions the original seat felt good so can't wait to give it a full-on outing- if the saddle needs changing I think I'll look into the ISM Comfort/Fitness range.

As everyone will tell you, saddles, like anything in life is a personal choice.

• Informative
Reactions: EddiePJ and 10JP

Advertisers