Samsung ICR18650-26F cells for eZee ?

Planetcooler

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 14, 2007
Hi - have had an original eZee Torq for years now and been through several battery offerings. Have recently re-celled my battery box with a pack made up with Samsung Li-Ion cells type ICR18650-26F. The pack is working ok with my original charger - and so far so good. Obviously will not know (cycle) lifetime for a while. Any experience by others with use of this cell in electric bike applications would be of interest. Happy to pass on details of where I obtained the pack from - and battery replacement. Significantly cheaper than current UK offerings.

Planetcooler

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 14, 2007
ok - I am passing this info on in good faith - but I am not taking ANY responsibility!

I have recently acquired and fitted the 13Ah version for use with my early eZee Torq and it seems to be ok - so far. Could die on me next week. But they tell me that they are using "high quality" (?!) Samsung cells mentioned above. Have the pdf document on these.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/36V-10Ah-lithium-ion-battery-Free-Shipping/1127600402.html

You need to ask them to make the width 68mm to get the pack to fit in the eZee Torq battery pack. This is IMPORTANT if you are to be able to use your existing battery box - ie without having to make any alterations to the battery holder/guides etc on the bike. I don't know about other battery box sizes.

There are 10Ah and 13Ah versions - you have to ask for the 13Ah model by special request, and there is a strange way of paying the extra money. Shipping by FedEX is "free" but I was subsequently charged about £18 by UK customs.

No idea on warranty / comeback / guarantee etc etc. BUYER BEWARE !!

Very quick responses to my technical questions and very neat package. No hesitation in telling me what cells they are using. BUT - I cannot confirm what's inside the pack!

It is working with my original Li-ion charger. You will need to be able to dismantle/open your old battery, remove the existing contents and make the connections to the new battery.

Significantly lower cost than I can find in the UK - but then there is the old adage that "you pays for what you get" - and I might be in for a sorry surprise.

Will post something here if it all goes horribly wrong.

Like I said at the start - I am passing this info on in good faith - but be it on your head. The supplier doesn't make ANY claims regarding the use of this item on eZee bikes - they are just advertised as battery packs for electric bikes.

Have been mystified that the price of Li-on batteries for cars seems to be coming down, whilst the price for Li-ion bike batteries (in the UK) seems to be going up....

C

Cyclezee

Hi Planetcooler,

eZee batteries have moved on quite a bit since those used in the original Mk1 Torq, they are very reliable and less expensive than they were back then or even a couple of years ago.
Obviously what you have bought is quite a bit cheaper, currently eZee use Sony 18650 cells and an 11Ah VP costs £330, the 15ah is £450. These prices include delivery and a two year warranty.

Good to hear that it is working for you.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Have been mystified that the price of Li-on batteries for cars seems to be coming down, whilst the price for Li-ion bike batteries (in the UK) seems to be going up....
Partly desperation of the car makers to try to get miserable sales to meet their own and government targets, and also disguising the prices by shifting how the charges are being made. Renault/Nissan's trick for example, renting their Leaf/Fluence models' £16,000 battery at monthly rates which are low to start with, without saying how drastically that will rise throughout the four year agreement.

E-bikes in contrast have had rising sales.

Advertisers