Seat lift mechanism and battery querry

annsimpson

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2014
firstly does anyone know the correct name or where I can buy the mechanism that tilts the seat forward so you can get the battery out and also whether its better to leave the battery on the bike when transporting it etc if it rains or should you remove it and cover the terminals with something, many thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

You don't really need that mechanism. It's just as quick to have a quick release seat-post clamp, so that you can pull the seat up and/or out.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I don't think there is any retail supplier of a tilting seatpost, a Chinese made one just appears on one or two makes of e-bike, most notably on the eZee range of e-bikes.

Seatposts come in many diameters, but if by a happy coincidence your bike post size matches the eZee one, you might be able to buy one from the UK agent as a spare part. Cyclezee can advise the post size on those e-bikes.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's the same make one on the Woosh, but may have a different diameter post from the eZee one. The eZee one was referred to as a tilting post originally and may still be.

Reactions: trex

annsimpson

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2014
That's the same make one on the Woosh, but may have a different diameter post from the eZee one. The eZee one was referred to as a tilting post originally and may still be.
many thanks for all your help but any suggestions for my querry on whether the battery is better on the bike for transporting or to cover the terminals with something, one reason for us removing it is that there's obviously less weight on the carrier on the car.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
You should remove the battery for transport. If you are worried about the battery terminals being rained on, cover them with a shower cap and a rubber band.

Reactions: flecc

annsimpson

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2014
You should remove the battery for transport. If you are worried about the battery terminals being rained on, cover them with a shower cap and a rubber band.
does it hurt if they get wet or are they better covered I assumed that as they are electric then they should be kept dry

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's just to protect against dirt and damp that might reduce the connection efficiency. Also plugging a battery onto wet terminals might pass some water into the battery terminal sockets and start corrosion there. One company even introduced a terminal cover some while ago for it's own brand of e-bike.

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

Hi Ann,

The eZee tilting seatposts are either 25.4 mm or 28.6mm diameter.
The 25.4mm version is the old type with suspension, the 28.6mm is a rigid post and comes in three lengths, 300, 350 and 400mm.

We have new stock of the 28.6mm but only a couple of used 25.4mm posts.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
You can find them at our website under Support, Parts.
juicybike.co.uk

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's the diameter across the post Ann, you should be able to measure it across the base of the post tube.

C

Cyclezee

Hi Ann,

If you remove and examine your existing seat post the diameter may well be stamped on it, if not measure the diameter as accurately as possible.

Coincidentally I had the same question from a customer today, his was 25.4mm

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Please tell me how I find/know the size I need as its not for a juicy bike, do I measure around the stem? thanks
Hi
Our stems are 27.5mm in diameter. Easiest way to measure is by using a caliper gauge, or failing having one, drawing around the existing stem and measuring across the circle drawn.

Advertisers