Shimano STEPS KTM Ventura -Di Electronic Hub Gear Shifting Problem

Stephen Gray

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2014
Winlaton Mill 6 miles from Newcastle
Hello fellow members,

I wonder if anybody knows either how to fix this, or where in the north east, I might find the answer ?

The electronic shifting stopped working, after the bike fell over and I fiddled with the MU 75 motor shifting unit.

I bought another used one from e bay. On fitting the new one, the local bike shop found the error E 030 appears on the handlebar computer and no assistance from motor is given. Strangely, the gears DO still shift though.

The mechanic has a friend, who may be able to wire the bike up to a PC and fix it. Possibly the setting is for 11 speed, where the hub fitted is 8 speed.

We are all struggling a bit here. I know the gearing can be made mechanical again, but this is a last resort.

Does anybody have experience of this problem and how to fix it? Are there any shimano STEPS dealers with the equipment and expertise in the north east ?

Thanks

Steve Gray

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you need a shimano dealer you cant just swap stuff like that as it is software linked and will just shut down if the wrong part is fitted and the software not updated to work with what you have fitted so any lbs is useless without the software.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Reactions: Bikes4two

Stephen Gray

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2014
Winlaton Mill 6 miles from Newcastle
Thanks soundwave once more. The nearest store is Harrogate. I will contact them, should the local mobile mechanic be unable to fix the bike. Harrogate is 80 miles away and two trains for me. No car and scared of covid, as my ME was originally triggered by a virus. Long covid is no fun.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
try asking all the local bike shops that sell ebikes if they have the software as should have it if they sell shimano motors as the shop i linked to dont advertise this and was only told in store when i asked them so worth a try.

Advertisers