Show us yer Motorbike

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
Mentioned this in another thread, so here's a thread for those of us that also ride PTW's and want to show it off, even electric ones are allowed ;)

Mine is a BMW K1600GT 6 cylinder, 160bhp, sports tourer...

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Puch_Maxi_.JPG

Puch Maxi

2 hp (Cylinder head upgraded now 2.75 hp)

Single cylinder 2 stroke

13.6 ft/sec maximum velocity

Trans-European touring specification. (A sponge cable tied to the seat)

Long range fuel tank. (A jam jar full of additional petrol in the saddle bag)

Although equipped for long range touring, I mainly use this bike to transport my pidgins to the release point. The wicker basket fits snugly on the chrome plated luggage rack and is held securely in place with the aid of two bungee cords.

The Maxi is a solid and reliable machine capable of delivering adrenalin fuelled excitement, especially on B roads with high speed open corners. Fantastic!

BrianSmithers

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2011
DA1
Puch Maxi, 2 hp (Cylinder head upgraded now 2.75 hp)

Single cylinder 2 stroke.
For almost 25 years I commuted to London each day using a m/c and there were times when my main bike needed fettling - so I had a Puch Maxi as a back up. The full (tiny) tank would get me there and back and once I got over Blackheath and into the Old Kent Road it was as fast as most things in that traffic. Given that most of the time I was riding it full throttle the thing was really reliable. I wonder where they've all gone? The old Honda 50 Cubs seem to have all gone now too along with the CD175 (any colour you like as long as it is red or blue) and all the other bikes I no longer have.

Thanks for the nostalgia trip down memory lane Tillson.

- Brian

Jimod

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2010
Polmont
Picture 007.jpg

My Tiger. I've had it since new and love it to bits. It has taken me to many a bike rally.
Also to many a hotel. I'm not too keen on camping. ;)

eTim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 19, 2009
Andover, Hants.
For almost 25 years I commuted to London each day using a m/c and there were times when my main bike needed fettling - so I had a Puch Maxi as a back up. The full (tiny) tank would get me there and back and once I got over Blackheath and into the Old Kent Road it was as fast as most things in that traffic. Given that most of the time I was riding it full throttle the thing was really reliable. I wonder where they've all gone? The old Honda 50 Cubs seem to have all gone now too along with the CD175 (any colour you like as long as it is red or blue) and all the other bikes I no longer have.

Thanks for the nostalgia trip down memory lane Tillson.

- Brian
I had a Honda C50 stepthru, semi-automatic in Blue as one of my first bikes, they were cracking, 120mpg, 45mph, could carry three and luggage too, all on L-plates, they were the days when coppers had discretion of course :rolleyes:

Those Honda's are rare now, but you do see guys using them to 'do' Morocco or just used for moped racing.

bode

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 14, 2008
Hertfordshire and Bath
I had a Honda C50 stepthru, semi-automatic in Blue as one of my first bikes, they were cracking, 120mpg, 45mph.
So did I, but then I graduated to... a Honda C90! Absolutely the best way of getting around London, where I lived then; I used them for 20 years, even when I had a car. The C90 engine ended up powering a go-kart.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Me on my 1989 Honda ST50DAX, fettled to 5-speed manual 115 cc Copy of Monsal head.jpg

D

Deleted member 4366

Me on my 1989 Honda ST50DAX, fettled to 5-speed manual 115 cc View attachment 2756
I did a lap of the TT on mad Mad Sunday a few years back on one of those, but only 50cc restricted.. It was frightening on the mountain with a top speed of 15mph (with my mate on the back), when Firenlades and the like were coming past at over 150mph. Thanks for bringing back the memory.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
That's scary, they're slow enough with just one on as standard, the standard exhaust has a tiny 3 mm hole that all the gases have to pass through. Mine does about 65-70 mph now ;)

Advertisers