SillyThought for the Day

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
On my way home early this morning I almost got knocked over and sucked up by one of those Noisy road sweeping monsters. I then got thinking about how much money and other valuables one of those things must suck up, and if I could somehow wave my magic wand and extract all the money and other thing of value from one of these machines could I live a comfortable life style on the proceeds without having to work, or would I need more than one machine?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think the ones with a big hose that suck out the road drains would net an even bigger haul than the sweepers.

Mike63

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 23, 2008
I think the ones with a big hose that suck out the road drains would net an even bigger haul than the sweepers.
...as a child in the 40s, one of our money raising escapades was to prise up the drain cover and reach into the drain up to our shoulders searching for coins.
It was a hit and miss thing and seldom raised more than a few pennies.
....we had much more lucrative ideas going.

D

Deleted member 4366

If you had one of those machines, you could make more money by either leasing it to the council to clean the roads, or better still, contracting a road cleaning service with you driving it.

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
If you had one of those machines, you could make more money by either leasing it to the council to clean the roads, or better still, contracting a road cleaning service with you driving it.
I was not planning on owning it, but just having 'magic wand rights' to extract all money and valuables.

ps Your solution sounds like working for a living

Last edited:

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
On my way home early this morning I almost got knocked over and sucked up by one of those Noisy road sweeping monsters. I then got thinking about how much money and other valuables one of those things must suck up, and if I could somehow wave my magic wand and extract all the money and other thing of value from one of these machines could I live a comfortable life style on the proceeds without having to work, or would I need more than one machine?
I seem to recall that you live near me in Brighton area. In which case there wiilll be nought but broken glass and student sick in there !

peerjay56

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 24, 2013
Nr Ingleton, N. Yorkshire
...as a child in the 40s, one of our money raising escapades was to prise up the drain cover and reach into the drain up to our shoulders searching for coins.
It was a hit and miss thing and seldom raised more than a few pennies.
....we had much more lucrative ideas going.
'Recycling' pop bottles for 3d a go was more lucrative. The difficult part was getting over the wall into the newsagents yard to hand them in again...and again...;)

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
I seem to recall that you live near me in Brighton area. In which case there wiilll be nought but broken glass and student sick in there !
I come from Hove actually, and some people regard it a bit more upmarket, even the down-and-outs drink a better quality cider than the Brightonian tramps.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I come from Hove actually, and some people regard it a bit more upmarket, even the down-and-outs drink a better quality cider than the Brightonian tramps.
Indeed it was at the waitrose in Hove where a little boy was overheard to ask

"Daddy, does Lego have a silent T like Merlot?

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
I think around my way the machine might get you some lovely green shards of glass but then be off the road for a few weeks as it's hit a huge pothole.

Growbag

Pedelecer
Jul 26, 2013
Torbay, Devon
As the old saying goes, 'Where there's muck there's brass' :cool:

Advertisers